80's R'n'B/Electro-soul

STN

sou'wester
I'm too young and callow to know if this is allowed but I love it:

James Ingrams - Just Once.

Client Eastwood

Womack & Womack

I really need to stop this and do some work

you know that, my internet is knackered at home so it's in work time at the moment.

maze were superb. i mean, to coming out with twilight completly out of the blue. maybe even a 303 on there, not sure.

grevious angel - would love to hear the Joy&Pain refix

I cant find a link for it but
Paul Laurence - 'there's nothing like it' is well worth diging out. Really ahead of its time, bit like the Aleem stuff.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Bang Diddley I am at home, I just have a big pile of stuff I meant to get sorted today, 80s soul has stopped me in my tracks....

STN: I always really liked Yah Mo B There, but if you want to take it down slow, you need some Anita

I haven't heard these records for 10 years ago at a minimum. I remember rinsing this album solidly when I should have been revising for my GCSEs.... nothing changes the.

DannyL

Wild Horses
And Paul - love to hear that refix. Perhaps we should get together and do an Essex goes Dubstep covers album :)

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Essex dubstep is exactly what I'm doing with the Devotional Dubz series!!!

'course, we can't really let the thread go this far without mentioning the big one: Off the Wall

Client Eastwood

Bang Diddley I am at home, I just have a big pile of stuff I meant to get sorted today, 80s soul has stopped me in my tracks....

ive kinda given up on work for today.

yeah so many great memories of this. along with reggae this was the music i was most exposed to bitd.

might be a little on the late side on this. This stuff used to chart man. <Gets nostaligic>

Driza Bone - Real Love

Client Eastwood

Essex dubstep is exactly what I'm doing with the Devotional Dubz series!!!

'course, we can't really let the thread go this far without mentioning the big one: Off the Wall

Brilliant sounds like a great idea. Im still playing the DSS V3 - regular.

Sharon V Sharon, Prelude stylee

brown - i specailise in love

red - beat street

drilla

Cherrelle & O'neale - Saturday Love

Oh my goodness, this is amazing. the vocals don't even start for 2 minutes. Why is that so good?

drilla

Surface Noise - Scratch

I guess this doesn't fit that well with the thread but just listen to that weird pitch bending thing at the beginning that's slightly behind the beat

michael

Bring out the vacuum

Cherrelle - I Didn't Mean To Turn You On

Ha, funny, I only knew of Robert Palmer's version before I heard Mariah Carey doing this (on the soundtrack to Glitter?)... thought Mariah's version sounded more 80s than Palmer's, but now I realise her producers just jacked the entirety of Cherrelle's backing track!

Better audio (it's all relative..) here: Plus novelty dancing gorilla video... hm.

And Mariah's super-faithful cover: ]

Last edited:

DannyL

Wild Horses
Bit of Salsoul

Double Exposure

Ten per cent

and my fave - My love is free

going back too far possibly? Who cares....