nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
One of those things that, for a while, everyone would claim had caused the death of "some kid at another school" that their older brother or cousin had known...

There was a big craze like this in the American media about autoerotic asphyxiation. Some 10 or 12-year-old boy hanged himself on his bedpost accidentally (or so everyone assumes) using his belt, and other kids claimed he used to play the "choking game" with them. Suddenly, there's a crimewave sweeping the nation!

Imagine having so few problems in your life that you were genuinely worried about this happening to your kid...

alex

Do not read this.
dont you have to lean up against the wall and then everyone stands round ina circle punching you in the chest until you pass out? the joy's of school eh?

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Pushing someones chest up against a wall was another... :cool:

Yeah, this is how you do it. We used to do it in high school - kids called it "speed dreaming". You hyperventilate until you start feeling dizzy and then stand up quickly, inhale as much air as you can and then have someone push on your solar plexus until you go unconscious.

Good fun for a while, saw a couple of kids really spazz out while under. Then news got around that some kid in the next school over wet himself while out and unsurprisingly the practice fell out of fashion.

PeteUM

It's all grist
Yeah I saw some fairly spazzy stuff too. The practice was halted at my school when one boy used the opportunity of an unconscious schoolmate to give him several cigarette burns on the arm.

grizzleb

One of those things that, for a while, everyone would claim had caused the death of "some kid at another school" that their older brother or cousin had known...
There was always some quality rumours going about at that age. The best one was the 'killer clowns' who lived in a van outside the school and attempted to kidnap people when they walked home. Had us primary threes in uproar one day. :D

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
There was always some quality rumours going about at that age. The best one was the 'killer clowns' who lived in a van outside the school and attempted to kidnap people when they walked home. Had us primary threes in uproar one day. :D

Someone at my work told me that when they were at primary school one of the kids there was murdered. The rest of the school managed to get it into their heads that the killer lived down one of the drains in the playground, so they all threw a load of pencil shavings and bits of rubber down there. As you do

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
Text message from the (admittedly 18yr old) girl thing: "And then you can bring up awesome as nature facts and look real smart. You could be like oh yeah pandas have four legs".

slowtrain

There was a big craze like this in the American media about autoerotic asphyxiation. Some 10 or 12-year-old boy hanged himself on his bedpost accidentally (or so everyone assumes) using his belt, and other kids claimed he used to play the "choking game" with them. Suddenly, there's a crimewave sweeping the nation!

Imagine having so few problems in your life that you were genuinely worried about this happening to your kid...

I always thought that american thing was about asphyxiation while masturbating? (OK, I just read that in a Palahniuk book, but I assume he was referencing something partially real?)

And I didn't think girls could speed dream? I was always too freaked out to do it as a kid... There was a thing about it in Vice where they tried out those 'kids' drugs, (speed dreaming, cough medicine, and that one where you eat a whole thing of that spray on whipped cream...)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
And I didn't think girls could speed dream? I was always too freaked out to do it as a kid... There was a thing about it in Vice where they tried out those 'kids' drugs, (speed dreaming, cough medicine, and that one where you eat a whole thing of that spray on whipped cream...)

...and mephedrone, I hope.

Dunno how true this is, but I've heard that a significant proportion of teen 'suicides' by hanging are actually cases of autoerotic asphyxiation that have got out of hand, but are recorded as suicide because somehow even that is seen as looking less bad than "he died having a wank".

Last edited:

BareBones

wheezy
Although I had a sudden thought, BB: I bet your new flatmate does an amazing tulip... :cool:

Yeah no doubt, with the decorative rizla petals down the stalk and everything.

I didn't mention it on the other thread, but he's now started burning incense in the flat. incense. genuinely.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Haha, yeah, like a variant on "He died doing what he loved".

I believe the preferred term in fetish circles is "tantric stranglewank".

BareBones

wheezy
you guys ever do that thing in school where you rub the sleeve of your blazer loads against the top of those big plastic bins to create static, and then sit on top of the bin and shock people when they walked past? that was almost as fun as the making-yourself-pass-out thing.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
When I was in school we played this game called "Bat Hat" in which we stood in a park at dusk surrounded on three sides by tall trees and took turns throwing our baseball caps into the air. If you were lucky, a bat making his way from one copse to the other would get intercepted by the hat and, in its struggle to get out of it, fly around for a few seconds "wearing" it. This was how you'd win Bat Hat.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
Haha, yeah, like a variant on "He died doing what he loved".

I believe the preferred term in fetish circles is "tantric stranglewank".

Any real fetishist knows that if you're going to do self-bondage, you should use an alarm system of some kind, and/or everything should be rigged so a single yank will loosen the bonds.

This thread reminds me of... every summer camp I ever went to. Everyone talked about doing this stuff but I don't remember much of it happening.

What is speed dreaming?