franz

nowhere else to post about being excited about this today.

was listening to this Simon "Bassline" Smith mix
http://goldenerajungle.com/php-files/viewpage.php?page_id=1482

getting towards the end there's 4 Horsemen Of The Apocalypse – We Are The Future
into DJ Gwange – Vinyl Paradise... just kind of blew my head off a bit is all. When the "music takes me music takes me" vocal drops in i was kind of wishing i was... well not sitting at my shitty desk at work in Vancouver at 7PM in 2011
here's the Gwange track... but it's pitched up a bit more hyper in the mix... well worth spotting.

bob effect

somnambulist
Anyone help me with a longstanding track id from 95ish? Heard on DJ Hype's Kiss(?) show, jump up sort of track that has some proper screechy jazz trumpet at the start and in the breakdown with a vocal sample of a guy saying "bass for your face yeah ya'all" or something similar. Had a similar style of bassline to Sound of the Future's the Lighter (but definitely wasn't that or didn't sample it) - stacatto sixteenth notes, fairly rythmically complex. I really wish I hadn't lost the tape, never heard it again, no way I'll ever find it on youtube.

Pandiculate

I know absolutely nothing about Jungle but I was listening to the Spyro christmas set with hyper & Dee and they were riding a jungle beat that has the sample "warning, the sounds you are about to hear may be devastating to your ear" anyone know what tune that is?

thanks!

bandshell

Grand High Witch
http://www.factmag.com/2011/10/17/fact-mix-292-raime/

Tracklist:
1. Steve C and Monita – The Razors Edge – Skeleton Records 1994
2. DJ Buz – Slave – No U-Turn 1994
3. 4 Horsemen Of The Apocalypse – We Are The Future (Phantasy & Aphrodite Mix) – Tone Def 1994
4. Blame & Justice – Nightvision (D’Cruze Mix) – Moving Shadow 1994
5. Undercover Agent – Dubplate Circles – Juice 1996
6. Dillinja – Deadly Deep Subs Remix – Deadly Vinyl 1995
7. The Truper – Vol 1 Side B – Street Beats 1994
8. Doc Scott – It’s Yours – Metalheadz 1994
9. DJ Tamsin & The Monk – A Better Place (Baby Kane Remix) – White House Records 1994

franz

been off for a while.

listening to the T Williams mix on FACT, which is pretty great all'round. but em somebody tell me about M-Beat, holy jeez.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Anyone up for doing another round of the 45 minute jungle mixes? I've been picking up a few more tunes lately and I'm maybe slightly less hopeless at mixing them than before.

Benny Bunter

Anyone up for doing another round of the 45 minute jungle mixes? I've been picking up a few more tunes lately and I'm maybe slightly less hopeless at mixing them than before.

i'll probs be up for this, need to see what I can gather on my harddrive though and do it on Ableton, all my vinyls back in England. You start us off Andy!

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

Lets do it...

1. Casanova (down to earth remix) - Baby D
2. Tiger Style - DJ Hype
3. Catch 22 - DMS & The Boneman X
4. Truely One (remix) - Origin Unknown
5. Livin' in a dream - Top Buzz
6. Lord of the null lines - Hyper On Experience
7. Ease up - DJ Devine and Essence
8. Drowning in her - 4 Horsemen
9. A new dawn - Tekniq