version

Interesting seeing this pop up on the side of one of the buildings in Inferno. Wonder whether it was put there for the film or whether it's part of the building irl.

Screenshot from 2022-11-01 22-41-44.png

version

Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion. Incredible. I'd only known Volonté as the villain in the first two Dollars films and didn't realise he was that good. There's a great excerpt of Petri discussing the film on French TV on the Criterion Blu-ray too.

craner

Beast of Burden
Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion. Incredible. I'd only known Volonté as the villain in the first two Dollars films and didn't realise he was that good. There's a great excerpt of Petri discussing the film on French TV on the Criterion Blu-ray too.

Banger.

I watched a very good Volonte film last night, as it happens: Damiano Damiani’s The Witch. He’s good in almost anything he’s in, but especially in partnership with Petri. He was very choosy about which films he would do.

He also graces Sergio Sollima’s Faccia a Faccia, one of my favourite spaghetti westerns. You should add this one to your list, @version.

version

I watched a very good Volonte film last night, as it happens: Damiano Damiani’s The Witch. He’s good in almost anything he’s in, but especially in partnership with Petri. He was very choosy about which films he would do.

I think the next one I'll watch will be The Working Class Goes to Heaven when I get round to buying that new Radiance Blu-ray.

version

I think the LE might be out of stock now so I might have to wait for the standard in May. Did you buy any of the others? Man on the Roof looks good.

craner

Beast of Burden
I think the LE might be out of stock now so I might have to wait for the standard in May. Did you buy any of the others? Man on the Roof looks good.

I've been tempted by their Cutters Way and Big Time Gambling Boss. I'll definitely be getting the Damiani box in May.

version

Was there a particular reason Volonte never worked with Pasolini?

version

Bertolucci adapting Borges. Gorgeous. Much preferred it to The Conformist. Shades of The Third Man and The Passenger.

The poster's great too.

large_iLg8x6id7BSBzoJfPmkcOm6c7vy.jpg

IdleRich

IdleRich
Have you read The Conformist? I noticed they had the book in the second hand store the other day but it was quite expensive.

craner

Beast of Burden
I have. It's not great, but the differences between the novel and the film are quite interesting. You can really see how Bertolucci makes changes to shape the narrative towards his own interests.