wonky

evanbbb

Tumbling Dice
im quite fond of rusties music mostly but the mixes make me cringe. i think they are the worst i have ever heard. they dont hang together at all and the hiphop sounds very tokenistic and out of place. he should hang up the headphones and stick to remixing r&b records.

I don't like his mixes but he is a good dj live. odd that. His Thump Crack mix on the other hand was pretty much all I listened to last year:

http://www.thisisluckyme.com/html/1music/2nd/mixtapes.html
http://s3.amazonaws.com/luckymedia/6ThumpKrak-LuckyMe-Mix.mp3

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I went to see my mate do a set of this sort of thing last night and it occured to me how this "wonky" LA stuff can basically dress itself up and pass itself off as virtually anything: straight up hip-hop, dubstep, electro, grime, glitchy IDM-type electronica, etc.

If you're a DJ of that sound, it seems fairly easy to please a lot of different types of crowds just by tweaking what tracks/producers you choose to play.

mms

sometimes
I went to see my mate do a set of this sort of thing last night and it occured to me how this "wonky" LA stuff can basically dress itself up and pass itself off as virtually anything: straight up hip-hop, dubstep, electro, grime, glitchy IDM-type electronica, etc.

If you're a DJ of that sound, it seems fairly easy to please a lot of different types of crowds just by tweaking what tracks/producers you choose to play.

HA thats an interesting idea. :)

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
I honestly thought Rustie was Joker's age. Makes me feel better to learn that's not the case - one less ludicrously talented teenager to be obscenely jealous of

Rustie and HudMo both seriously look about seven years old though. must be something in the water/munchy boxes over in Glasgow.

hudson_mohawke_blog.jpg

luka

probably jus thte lack of sun, same way all australians are wizened and grizzled by the age of 16.

franz

not so on topic, but:
are people wise to The Dream? that slow jam Sweat it Out, in the middle of the Rustie mix is something else. more goodies to be heard on that front?

edit: a right, nm... the r&b thread of course.

Last edited:

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
not so on topic, but:
are people wise to The Dream? that slow jam Sweat it Out, in the middle of the Rustie mix is something else. more goodies to be heard on that front?

edit: a right, nm... the r&b thread of course.

i'm sure it's been mentioned in the other thread BUT: buy the album "love vs money" immediately. album of the year for me. the-dream>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Spacek - You're A Star (D-Bridge edit)

interesting to hear what I assume is D-Bridge's take on 'wonky'.

love the brightness of the synths/chords in a lot of this stuff

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Any heads out there got an idea about if and when Knob Twiddler by Starkey is getting a release? *greedy face* Want want want. :);)