Classic UK garage with Scott 'It's A London Thing' Garcia and D.E.A. Project

powerpill

The Sounds Of Our Youth

Russian Bar,
267 Kingsland Road

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=267+Kingsland+Road,+London,+United+Kingdom

20/3/09 9PM - 4.30AM

For the heads that remember the sounds of Dem 2, D.E.A. Project, Kronik Records, Locked On, Flex FM, The Gas Club, Ramsey & Fen, Ed Case… this one’s strictly for you.

Tucked into the hidden underground of East London, we present a new night celebrating the classic UK garage sounds of the late ‘90s and early noughties.
A night that’s all about looking back to the skippy 4/4 riddims and bump and flex two-steppers that soundtracked our teenage yout and later laid the foundations for the worldwide dubstep phenomenon.

Joining our residents on our opening night will be the man responsible for the UK garage scene’s first crossover smash - Scott Garcia - who will be dropping a classic 97 – 99 set which will include his 1997 top 40 chart hit – ‘It’s A London Thing’.
Also touching down will be one of the scene’s underground innovators in D.E.A. Project’s DJ Para – he will be spinning an exclusive set of dark D.E.A. Project classics from 97 -2001

main room line-up on the night….

Scott ‘It’s London Thing’ Garcia (97 – 99 set)
DJ Para (D.E.A. Project classics set)
Tan
Rubin (Roots of dubstep set)
MJE
Ollie Evans
Real Deal Seal

No attitude, no dress code, this one’s strictly ‘bout the ravin’ vibes.

9pm – 4.30am
£5/£3 b4 11pm

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
looks amazingly good. never been to the place before - can i ask what the crowd's generally like (tends to inform my decisions on where I go these days)?

"No attitude, no dress code, this one’s strictly ‘bout the ravin’ vibes." - this is what I like to see!

viktorvaughn

was this good/a success? i went to minimal carnival at the gramophone instead but keen to come to next one if there is another.

powerpill

was this good/a success? i went to minimal carnival at the gramophone instead but keen to come to next one if there is another.

yeah the night was a complete success apart from a few sound issues which were really down to the club/bar itself. i'm sure there will be more nights like this in the future and i will post up any future events on here.