Beat-mixing tunes at different tempos

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
that's Telephone. which is shit. Should not be confused with Video phone. which is amazing.

this Aaliyah track is 70bpm and goes really well with 140bpm stuff -

Song is shit, granted, but the video is a work of some sort of twisted genius. Has there ever been a more robotic, less sexy woman than Beyonce? It's kind of remarkable. But here her roboticness is used to amazing effect.

The space and stagger in Are You That Somebody would make for amazing mixing opportunities too, I'd reckon (not knowing anything about the technicalities of mixing)? Are there any good RnB/dubstep mixes?

Edit: I really quite like this.

benjybars

village elder.
haha.. allow cussing beyonce. she's great. even if she is basically a one-woman multinational conglomerate. i love her still. even my girlfriend knows not to cuss beyonce.

that aaliyah choir thing was quality!

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
haha.. allow cussing beyonce. she's great. even if she is basically a one-woman multinational conglomerate. i love her still. even my girlfriend knows not to cuss beyonce.

that aaliyah choir thing was quality!

I love her unreconstructed, inhuman corporate awfulness too, in a way. Is your girlfriend named either Kelly or Michelle?

It was, wasn't it? Must admit I fully expected it to be awful, but as it happens it's a great beat to recreate...

continuum

smugpolice
remember when DJ Mag's reviews all listed the bpm of the track next to it? Those were the days!

being able to see a waveform of the track you are playing really helps when mixing and along with the bpm being worked out for you makes dj-ing with a dvs system or similar way better than traditional standard vinyl.

the Numark V7 is what im currently saving for:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

petergunn

plywood violin
that's Telephone. which is shit. Should not be confused with Video phone. which is amazing.

i saw Joe Nice mix in Jay-z big pimpin at DMZ once. Big pimpin is 90bpm according to that website so i guess he pitched it down to 70bpm to mix it with 140bpm dubstep

this Aaliyah track is 70bpm and goes really well with 140bpm stuff -

that's the problem w/ those websites... big pimpin is actually around 138bpm IIRC, i used to mix with a lot of grime/dubstep stuff... timbaland went thru a period of making alot of tunes near that tempo...

alot of later miami bass is close to 140 as well...