personality tests

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
This is a high concentration of INTPs for a type that's supposedly less than 1% of the population... oh wait we're on the internet.

LOL "being a born loser might have something to do with it..." that is truly an excellent video

One of my INTP/Avonesque high points was telling my best friend in high school that I thought all people were more or less interchangeable and disposable (I think that's the word I used) to get back at her for being too clingy and making unreasonable demands on my time and energy.

swears

preppy-kei
My dad used to work in sales, and every now and again he'd have to take one of these tests. He always thought they were a waste of time and ticked off the boxes at random without even reading any of the questions. The company shrink singled him out in a talk afterwards as "a very complex individual", haha.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I'd love to create a test like this, with lots of mostly quite vague and hard-to-answer questions, which gives you a result like:

• You are easily distracted from what you are meant to be doing
  • You like taking tests
  • You have an interest in pop-psychology
  • You are insecure about your personality

...and so on, regardless of what answers you chose, just to make people think "My god, this is uncanny!".

Last edited:

nomadthethird

I'd love to create a test like this, with lots of mostly quite vague and hard-to-answer questions, which gives you a result like:

• You like taking tests

...and so on, regardless of what answers you chose, just to make people think "My god, this uncanny!".

It would actually be really fun to make a whole new personality taxonomy with a long test full of gibberish questions on a page written in really basic HTML with like bad banner graphix. And then make a wikipedia entry for it and pretend it's like a legitimate thing. And then see how many scientologists we can get to buy our books.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
It would actually be really fun to make a whole new personality taxonomy with a long test full of gibberish questions on a page written in really basic HTML with like bad banner graphix. And then make a wikipedia entry for it and pretend it's like a legitimate thing. And then see how many scientologists we can get to buy our books.

Yeah isn't there something like this that the scientologists do to rope new recruits into the organization? "Stress tests" or something? I see them out on Yonge St. in front of the "church" offering them all the time.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos

• You like taking tests

...and so on, regardless of what answers you chose, just to make people think "My god, this uncanny!".

While I'd say the test posted here is a step up from "What kind of dog are you?" just because of the format of these tests being so impersonal and non-extensive they are hardly going to be good for very much at all for most. My results on the one posted here were eerily accurate, but then my girlfriend went and did it and her results didn't describe her at all.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah isn't there something like this that the scientologists do to rope new recruits into the organization? "Stress tests" or something? I see them out on Yonge St. in front of the "church" offering them all the time.

http://www.allsp.com/

Series 9, Ep 12, from about 1.10 onwards. All you need to know.

Last edited:

mixed_biscuits

The IPIP NEO, which gives the impression of greater accuracy, concludes that I'm a bit of a head-case. A score of 1/100 on 'achievement-striving' must be some kind of record. Obv. it's a miracle that I managed to get out of bed this morning.

zhao

there are no accidents
well the answer to a lot of these questions would depend on if i'm on the sensimillia or not, for instance:

52. Would you say that you

* make decisions easily
* find difficulty making decisions

but i'm -- ENTP: "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 5% of the total population.

edit: same as swears?!?! something must be wrong...

Last edited:

nomadthethird

There are supposedly "real" versions of that test that are longer but you have to pay for them. And I'm not that bored!

This sort of thing is basically premised on the same illogic that both religion and capitalism are. "A fool and his money are soon parted." But even further, the idea is that you make people happy by telling them what they want to hear. They will gladly hand over hard earned cash to be told this by a supposed authority. (Sort of like that experiment where monkeys gave up increments of juice in order to see pictures of hot monkeys...only in this case years of religion has inverted human libido and instead of arousing pictures people want to look at naked and suffering cruxiJeebus...)

No wonder there's so much overlap between the sort of people who'd believe in these tests and the kinds who'd join cults.