Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 3 or more brothers and sisters

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • my mum says she found me under a mulberry bush

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
This is all true. But it's also true that men are more likely to suffer depression or other mental illness, abuse drink or drugs and kill themselves. Boys do less well than girls at school in almost every subject and the fact that men commit the majority of crime and make up almost the entire prison population is so obvious as to be hardly worth mentioning. So it's not really the case that Western society exclusively benefits men at the expense of women.

Edit: partial x-post with grizzleb.

Exactly, men lose out just as much as women do, and possibly even bigger in some respects, when you have a gender "binary" system. Your examples are much better than Grizzles'.

nomadthethird

Yeah, I like those.

It's like, what happens when women "get hormonal", really? They eat something calorie dense or perhaps get curt with the douchebags in their life to whom they've been trained to defer in all things. (Nothing worse than a woman with opinions, especially one who thinks she might know better than a man. She must be on the rag...)

When men "get hormonal" there's a body count.

grizzleb

Yeah, I like those.

It's like, what happens when women "get hormonal", really? They eat something calorie dense or perhaps get curt with the douchebags in their life to whom they've been trained to defer in all things. (Nothing worse than a woman with opinions, especially one who thinks she might know better than a man. She must be on the rag...)

When men "get hormonal" there's a body count.
It's less bloody though.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Dunno about you, grizzle, but I've killed thirty or forty people already today and it's only half past four. What kind of man are you, FFS?

nomadthethird

I mean, I realize that many people feel a lot of anxiety about bodily fluids/functions, and often the only thing to do to alleviate anxiety when you can't do anything else is to laugh.

But I'm not anxious. I'm ok with bodily fluids. And with bodily functions.

Your veins are full of blood right now. Also, I don't think men realize this, but menstrual fluid isn't really "blood" per se, it's the intrauterine lining, which includes but is not limited to blood (one connective tissue among a bunch of other random tissues in this lining).

The point was never that "all men kill", the point was that male androgens are linked to aggression and violence. Positively, without a doubt. Sex offenders, murderers, serial killers, rapists, prison inmates--all have abnormally high concentrations of testosterone in their systems. Hence the introduction of "hormonal castration" of sex offenders in the form of progesterone shots (which don't work, btw...not in the slightest...recidivism rate remains the same...far too high).

grizzleb

I think the reason you said Mr. Tea's points about why men get a bum deal too in this world were better was because that it painted men to some degree as social failures, people who need 'brought back up' to the level of women, whereas my post painted them as simply unlucky victims of a fairly arbitrary world, as much as you want women to be.

nomadthethird

I think the reason you said Mr. Tea's points about why men get a bum deal too in this world were better was because that it painted men to some degree as social failures, people who need 'brought back up' to the level of women, whereas my post painted them as simply unlucky victims of a fairly arbitrary world, as much as you want women to be.

It takes a village to raise a bunch of male losers, Grizzle.

Where were you during the Clinton administration? Living in a cave?