Post me a song you like that's new to you...

Client Eastwood

Im not overly familiar with Shuggie Otis apart from the comp which came out a couple of years ago. Then I was on a YouTube trawl earlier this week and came accross this which is far more upbeat than much of the other stuff I have heard.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

crackerjack

Probably not new to most of you but:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

new to me - entertaining and irritating in equal measure. sounds like snagga puss might've been listening to him though

crackerjack

I'll probably get banned for this,...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

but I do think this guy writes some seriously beautiful songs. and can sing em right too.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound

That Trish tune is awesome, video too.

This is my favourite song I didn't know this week, and video too. Sooooo trippy

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Ban the dissenter!!

i'll probably get banned for this,...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

but i do think this guy writes some seriously beautiful songs. And can sing em right too.

mms

sometimes
I'd always been aware of Dudziak, since I'm Polish. But I never knew she went on these kinds of electronic excursions. Crazy electronic/a cappella stuff. Found via faltydls twitter.

polish guy at work played me some awesome synth guy from poland 70s/80's on youtube quite schulze style stuff, can't for the life of me remember what it was.

Benny Bunter

Yeah, apparently Geneva Jacuzzi done the artwork for his Haunted Graffitti albums. They've got the same guy directing their videos too.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
I'd always been aware of Dudziak, since I'm Polish. But I never knew she went on these kinds of electronic excursions. Crazy electronic/a cappella stuff. Found via faltydls twitter.

if you dig that then maybe check out michal urbaniak's LP 'constellation (in concert)' it's got urszula on vox and it grooves like a mother.

michael

Bring out the vacuum
So far everything in this thread is new to me... thanks all.

Im not overly familiar with Shuggie Otis apart from the comp which came out a couple of years ago. Then I was on a YouTube trawl earlier this week and came accross this which is far more upbeat than much of the other stuff I have heard.

That comp is his second (i.e. last) album + 4 songs off his first. There's not much Shuggie on record.

Benny Bunter

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

PeteUM

It's all grist
I'm loving this atm, discovered via zomby's twitter (he's always linking to cool stuff)

does Ariel pink have something to do with this or what?

Jeez. Now I know how Muddy Waters felt. I say that as a British 80s kid rather than ...uh... anything else.

Think Ariel and that lass were a bit closer than Myspace friends.

Benny Bunter

I don't get you. How did Muddy waters feel?

I think its great anyway. And have you seen this video that Blissblog just linked to?

same director again as the ariel pink and geneva jacuzzi ones. Something of an auteur this Travis Peterson it seems...

PeteUM

It's all grist
Was just thinking it would be weird to be Muddy Waters or Willie Dixon or someone and see The Stones or Led Zep selling the blues to white American kids, just cos a few times lately I keep feeling like twenty-odd Americans are trying to sell me something that's trying to be New Order or even Visage or something. I like The Stones though, and I like Ariel Pink, so what do I know?

Benny Bunter

This whole Geneva Jacuzzi/Ariel Pink/Nite Jewel thing's relationship to the 80s sort of reminds me of how David Lynch was obsessed with the 50s. Very Twin Peaks/Blue Velvet.

I mean check this one out. Another Travis Peterson video for Nite Jewel...