Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Conceptronica

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Barty said this is his favourite one.

I like Sophie because it's an artpop take on like bubblegum and happy hardcore whereas kate bush is like fucking opera and emily dickenson victorian shite, which i have no time for.

So I like Sophie because I put her in a continuum she probably shouldn't be in.
    Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    I respect islamists

Quote Originally Posted by padraig (u.s.) View Post
    just skimmed thru. I see what you mean. still doesn't interest me but at least it's not buried under the ponderous weight of its concept and history.

"Ghost" is pretty passable late ca. late 94-turn of 95 jungle tune, which ain't something to scoff at.
    yeah but check tim reaper/globex. It's trueskool modern jungle done with intensity. but ultimately what's wrong with that? I know barty might perhaps scoff but following the whimsy of capitalist trends itself is an abdication of responsibilitty, just like deconstructed club referencing nuum where it's like they have listened to a 101 drum and bass hits or ultimate ragga jungle anthems compilation. the fact is, the hardcore continuum has always had more in common with the rare soul/rare groove/reggae digger continuums than some of its champions would be comfortable with admitting. proletarian aristocratism > bourgeois diversity.
    I respect islamists

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post:

yeah none of it is earth shattering or evenn innovative (necessarily) but does it need to be? what if we just love that sound? ultimately the search for innovation in the auteur is a beatnik concept, not an avant-yob one.
    Last edited by thirdform; Today at 02:46 PM.
    I respect islamists

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post:

or even with the 2step formula:

I respect islamists

I mean this is an ultra-shadowboxin riddim. them germans are crazy.

I respect islamists

"Semioblitz" would have been brilliant as a title for a fucked-up future rave tune, with no exposition or explanation. Sad it's destined to wither in the art-blurb desert.