The Queen is Dead!

haji

lala
well, emund knew what i was getting at at least. i give up with the rest of you!
what you saying then? that clapping the nhs & street parties can be forgiven cos they are cathartic?
clapping the nhs is one thing
but street parties for one of the worlds biggest supervillains is quite another

haji

lala
what you saying then? that clapping the nhs & street parties can be forgiven cos they are cathartic?
imagine what we'd say if they did this for putin in russia

luka

no, thats not what im saying. only edmund gets it. profoundly disappointed with the rest of you. saddened in fact.

luka

but you (sufi, along with webbie) do usefully illustrate the outmoded prior framework of opposition/support.

luka

now that kind of thing is seen as gauche. dont upset your mother. just have a nice time and dont spoil the fun. it doesnt mean anything no one really cares about the queen. enjoy the coronation chicken sandwiches etc

catalog

OK, I think i get you now. And yes, I'm in that mode, I suppose. I'm going to Whitby tomorrow, it's gonna be flag central I reckon.

luka

your error would be to take it seriously as a display of support for royalty and nationalism. they'd say, ed, dear boy, we dont mean any of this, its just a bit of fun

forclosure

now that kind of thing is seen as gauche. dont upset your mother. just have a nice time and dont spoil the fun. it doesnt mean anything no one really cares about the queen. enjoy the coronation chicken sandwiches etc
my mother don't care and no fuck all this bun them flavorless sandwiches and fuck the "nice time"

this english commitment to just lumping and living with it how these people keep getting away with it

haji

lala
nationalist groupthink
i just can't get past the focussing it on these parasites though, on top of the general mental enslavement

forclosure

and this isn't so much to do with nationalism or royalty as more to do with my ire at the people who led us to where we are now(although those still factor)

and lets be honest nobody outside of the worst kind of writer/reader of the Telegraph is having any kind of "fun"

haji

lala
your error would be to take it seriously as a display of support for royalty and nationalism. they'd say, ed, dear boy, we dont mean any of this, its just a bit of fun
that's what they do say but actually mass brain colonisation is no laughing matter

luka

nationalist groupthink
i just can't get past the focussing it on these parasites though, on top of the general mental enslavement
yes but i dont care about your feelings do i!!!! im trying to work out whats going on!

luka

boys, youre getting distracted. stop talking about your feelings! you're missing the point!