Wiley's eski-œuvre

faustus

also where's my brother is such a sick tune! i kno the whole 'who's it about?' thing is a bit weak ("it's just about grime itself" lol) but does also make it a bit more poignant. i think it's *mostly* about goodz :cool:

"i'm an older" good for him

gumdrops

wheres my brother is a good track but that autotuney/timbaland-style effect on his vocals at the end of each line is a bit :slanted:

onetone

Back on topic a bit, did the eskimo vocal with Wiley, Flo- Dan and somebody else ever get a release? I've only got a 1 minute something clip as an mp3 in terrible quality.

benjybars

village elder.
Back on topic a bit, did the eskimo vocal with Wiley, Flo- Dan and somebody else ever get a release? I've only got a 1 minute something clip as an mp3 in terrible quality.

nah was never released... it's wiley, flo dan and dizzee. maybe someone else.

Blackdown

nexKeysound

there's at least two versions of the eskimo vocal. Logan has the Roll Deep one, which i've only heard him play once. and i have the Chubby Dread VIP which has wiley, dizzee, flowdan and breeze... i think.

either really should have been on Treddin on Thin Ice.

I think they should release a compilation of beatless devil mixes. There was an old nasty set doing the rounds on grimetapes and here a few weeks ago, that had a brilliant Dirrty Goodz tune and the beatless version of Jammer's 'phenomenal'. Put the like of that on a CD along with the Wiley devil mixes. Perhaps one CD on the album as instrumentals, the other with live MC's spitting their best bars over them.

Alright, I know this will never happen, but it probably wouldnt be too hard to convince music journalists that the devil mix was a revolutionary break away from Dance music tradition, blah blah blah...
If they can manage to sell those compos of original tunes that Fatboy Slim et al sampled...

mos dan

fact music
possibly one for the 'questions you are too scared to ask..' thread, but, what are wiley's bars that get a reload in this clash with lethal:

from about 2:10 onwards, big reload but it's drowned out by the hype in the room

tomd

penis like a micromachine
i was watching road wars or street wars. one of those late night police programs on bravo. they were taking away a black male, resisting arrest, shouting at the officer "your mums got athletes foot!", the commentry commented on his weird fixation with foot fungus.

onetone

i was watching road wars or street wars. one of those late night police programs on bravo. they were taking away a black male, resisting arrest, shouting at the officer "your mums got athletes foot!", the commentry commented on his weird fixation with foot fungus.

lol i remember watching that!

mos dan

fact music
who wants to take a stab at how many tunes wiley has made (that have got some kind of release)?

that's a ridiculous question isn't it. i've got over 500 on my itunes though, when i last checked..