Universally agreed terrible film(s)

linebaugh

Loved the depictions of the tedium and low key desolation of the military outfit. Like a shitty over night camp for grown children.

william_kent

Is it? Best soundtrack maybe...

hyperbole on my part

but 'killer soundtrack' can't be argued with ( apart from the rubbish funeral folkie tune )

the mirror scene has some of the best "prepared piano " i've ever heard

John Cameron - Locked Room And Mirror Sequence

but if i wasn't so fucked i'd make a case for this being the best UK folk horror film ever

certainly the best uk film about toad magick

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
there's a bit in some nick broomfield documentary where the pimp of the woman that hugh grant got busted for consorting with spins nick a yarn and it reminded me of how people were aghast that grant could prefer oral off a working girl when he was supposedly hooked up with that welsh woman who ended up married to one of kirk douglas' kids...and well, obviously she doesn't "do" what is required

i remember the welsh woman praising brexit because dyson could provide more wattage for her hairdryer when it went through, vapid, lucky escape for hugh there
I think you're confusing attractive brunettes of a certain age (Liz Hurley is not Catherine Zeta Jones).

william_kent

Hahaha, you deleted the bit about production lines and serial numbers, so now I look completely insane. Thanks a lot, bro.

oops...sorry... yeah, I'm really bad with minor celebrities, they're all the same to me... but I suddenly had a human moment where i thought it might not be kind to compare them to products out of a factory

shakahislop

Robert bresson. Jean pierre Melville. Some of godard, some of truffaut. L.627, la haine. Jean jacques audiard. I think the protectionist nature of French cinema has worked in a way that it hasn't for British cinema.
is there a good article or whatever on government support for French cinema that you know of

catalog

is there a good article or whatever on government support for French cinema that you know of
I don't sorry. I went to a French film festival once and I was talking to one of the people there about it. Just generally, I think they tend to support more home spun cultural production in a way that doesn't happen so much here. Maybe a folk Myth, I've no evidence for it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
hyperbole on my part

but 'killer soundtrack' can't be argued with ( apart from the rubbish funeral folkie tune )

the mirror scene has some of the best "prepared piano " i've ever heard

John Cameron - Locked Room And Mirror Sequence

but if i wasn't so fucked i'd make a case for this being the best UK folk horror film ever

It's certainly one of the best UK films. Definitely in the top million, but if we restrict it to UK films about zombies with absolutely killer soundtracks then it is right up there - although there is also The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue come to think of it. But if we consider only UK zombie bike rider films with sick soundtracks then it is almost without peer I'd say.

I love this track

No... hang on a sec, it's actually this one,

What am I saying, it's this one doh

I can't think why I mixed them up.

The Living Dead At Manchester Morgue is a decent film too though if memory serves, though as I also seem to recall they never go anywhere near Manchester

IdleRich

IdleRich
But @william_kent did you ever see Aussie biker film called Stone? I don't remember it that well but I think I can confidently say that it would make a good companion piece to Psychomania

I've got the soundtrack somewhere and I love this tune called Race (though in later reissues of the OST it is actually renamed as Ethnicity)

And look at the soundtrack, particularly track one on side b, seems they are made to go together

A1Cosmic Flash
Arranged By [Strings], Conductor [Strings] – Peter Jones (6)
Lyrics By – Sandy Harbutt
Arranged By [Strings], Conductor [Strings] – Peter Jones (6)
Lyrics By – Sandy Harbutt
A2Septic
A3Undertaker
A4Race
A5Amanda
A6Klaude Kool And The Kats
B1Toadstrip
B2Grave Diggers
B3The Death Of Doctor Death
B4Toad
B5Pigs
B6Stone
B7Do Not Go Gentle
Lyrics By [From The Poem: Do Not Gentle Into That Good Night] – Dylan Thomas

william_kent

But @william_kent did you ever see Aussie biker film called Stone? I don't remember it that well but I think I can confidently say that it would make a good companion piece to Psychomania

yes, I had a copy on VHS, might still have it, but it'll mean searching through a cupboard... maybe that can be my mission for the day

my recollection was that it was worth whatever I paid for it