Tales from the scene

IdleRich

IdleRich
I dunno about degenerate but I think the funniest was maybe the evening filled with incident but which culminated in a certain person trying to avoid paying his bar bill by stealing his card from behind the bar and legging it... but he got chased and caught by the bouncers whereupon he pretended to have a fit - so well that an ambulance was called. He was carried inside on a stretcher but as they went to strap him down he jumped up, pushed the medics aside and disappeared into the night...

Distant memories; when L was a student, as soon as he got his grant he rinsed the whole lot on coke which he sold at a mark up, fairly well I think. At that time he was living in a room in this social housing in East London, N decided he wanted to live there too but there were no spare rooms. He didn't let that stop him though, he just nicked a pile of bricks and built a make-shift wall in the corridor to create a tiny space at the end which he lived in for months.

Another comes to mind. There was some pub where they gave these photocopied tickets out as drinks vouchers as part of some promotion. But N had a photocopier in his home for some reason so he simply printed infinite free drinks for himself. When my friend went to visit him he found him drunk unconscious in a chair, buried under a mountain of photocopied drinks tokens.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Another guy ended up owing so much to h dealers in hackney he agreed to pay off his debt by driving for them when they made deliveries - kinda mental, one day you're performing on Letterman, next day delivering ten bags of skag. He also had to hire the car on his bank card... problem is they got chased by the police and although they legged it to safety the car was written off - so he ended up owing 20k or something to this car hire company. Basically he could never use his bank account again cos the company seized any money paid in.
Edit: probably shouldn't mentioned that but fuck it

luka

Luke is my friend, my friend who I meet and do drugs and take pints with, which is why you might see similar behaviour as Barty who is also his friend. But I disagree and argue with him over lots of fundamental stuff. Maybe if you grew a set we could be your friend too, or I could go to war with you I’m only up the road remember!
this is true but also he ignored my text i sent him today about sticking lego bricks up @mvuent bum

Every day luke sends a text with an impossible demand. “Meet me in Stoke Newington church for cocktails right now” st 7am on a wednesday, “I’m at the river bring mushrooms” Tuesday afternoon, “I need a specific type of Lego to stick up mvuents bum at 4pm hurry up” etc

IdleRich

IdleRich
Another guy ended up owing so much to h dealers in hackney he agreed to pay off his debt by driving for them when they made deliveries - kinda mental, one day you're performing on Letterman, next day delivering ten bags of skag. He also had to hire the car on his bank card... problem is they got chased by the police and although they legged it to safety the car was written off - so he ended up owing 20k or something to this car hire company. Basically he could never use his bank account again cos the company seized any money paid in.

More recently, another guy passed out in a Norwegian airport for drug related reasons, woke up in a prison cell. He thought he'd been kidnapped in a sort of Fritzl kinda situation, so when the police guy opened the cell window he was waiting to spit in his face, which he did. The bloke snapped and dealt him a beating.

william_kent

More recently, another guy passed out in a Norwegian airport for drug related reasons, woke up in a prison cell. He thought he'd been kidnapped in a sort of Fritzl kinda situation, so when the police guy opened the cell window he was waiting to spit in his face, which he did. The bloke snapped and dealt him a beating.

Scandinavia is notorious for dealing out arbitrary "justice" for everyday UK behaviour - I know of a guy who was seconded to a Swedish University who had a couple of pints too many and justifiably fell asleep on a park bench only to find himself incarcerated upon awakening

avoid

IdleRich

IdleRich
Had some issues in Finland (ok not Scandinavia) and saw some others at a festival where the bouncers beat up a female Russian DJ for next to nothing, was a big scandal at the time.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Here it is

What was interesting is how we were reading about it at the time and there were loads of comments on the articles from Finns saying "Russian bitch disobeyed the rules, got beaten up, what's the problem?"

Cos, in short, they love rules and hate Russians.

william_kent

I deleted my earlier post because I was drunk, but I was still in some control of some my faculties, so I thought better, but what I wanted to say was that your anecdote was exactly the kind of story that was missing from "that book" about a band that once played on Letterman and boring tales about how much respect a band member's uncle commanded in some remote village in Algeria just didn't make for what i want in a rock and roll biography...

mvuent

Void Dweller
shiels texted me about shoving duplo bricks up every @luka orfice

HT0280_2.PNG