Tales from the scene

luka

i sometimes tell barty to quit his job and come and live on the street with me and be a magic tramp but hes not buying it at the moment he loves pushing his big bin around

Benny Bunter

I was just about to say, what about Barty?!

And I'm sure if more people realised how much money you can actually make out of doing it, you'd easily find an apprentice. You could set up a recruitment process, interview them, I bet they'd be lining up.

luka

yeah im sure. you just want someone who actually gets it though. someone i can actually teach. not many people really have it in them i dont think.

• Angry
Reactions: sus

luka

i wouldnt say its big $$$ it can be good for a few months. you can live well while the sun shines. then you got to suffer through the winter. or work on a boat

mvuent

Void Dweller
Seems many here have been apart of some sort of 'scene' - art, music, writing, etc. Dissensus itself was formed as an attempt to start a scene I beleive, so if you were here in 2005 blogging and forcing mark fisher to climb fences for your amusement you are not allowed to pretend you dont know what im talking about. Even version talks as if he was once at least on the periphery of some sort of music scene
the cover of reggae owes me money conveys a feeling i hope i'll get the chance to experience. the way the unassuming pose implies the shared energy current flowing through them. tapped into the same metapulse. you can imagine how they must’ve felt. proud not just that you can access the current, but that it’s yours. you don’t have to rely on a central oligarchy to provide it, you don’t have to apologetically syphon it off from a different neighborhood. (which isn't an issue of purity but of what’s gained through long term formative exposure.) once you and your friends have the circuit running you don’t have to communicate you can just move.

woops

is not like other people
i haven't given up the job. i don't know why Luke is talking about a new apprentice. fwiw i never said weird core was a stupid nerd.

luka

im always on my own. i need to get a tyke to keep me company. a monkey for the organ grinder. a manipulatable, malleable 15 year old with a winning smile.

• Angry
Reactions: sus

luka

we're getting too old and worn out looking. we're losing our appeal. when a girl sits there they always make 10 times what we do. the world has had enough of us.