Not Being Gay

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
When I worked at the sandwhich shop and a group of relatively normie looking men in their twenties would come in and the first one ordered a large sandwhich (a great big circle bun nearly a foot in diameter) the rest of the crew would always order a large too. You could sense the apprehension of some of them as they ordered it, that they probably would have ordered a medium, but the pressure was too much. This happened all the time
You should have shown them this cartoon:

181.jpg

IdleRich

IdleRich
my afghan mate thought it was absolutely hilarious any time anyone ate a banana, he'd have this massive grin on his face and try to hold it in but ultimately explode with laughter

I said something about eating bananas earlier didn't I? I certainly intended to.

IdleRich

IdleRich
You could have picked a better title.

Oh I'm actually sorry you think that cos I was quite pleased with it in that it is what people following these mad rules are trying to do so it's sort of literally true but at the same time you can probably guess I'm not making a thread about not being gay so hopefully you wonder what it is about...

What's your issue with it?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Just how it reads at face value, especially after the stuff said about trans people elsewhere.
I guess, but how often does a totally new person end up posting here? We all know each other pretty well, and with, let's see, probably four exceptions, I don't think anyone here is actually homophobic.

version

I'm not just thinking of new people. There might be people already here or lurking who feel it's heading in a worse and worse direction.

version

If no one else is bothered then whatever. I just logged in, saw the title and thought "Fuck sake. What now?".

sufi

lala
wasnt there a no homo thread somewhere from the actual no homo era ? i think it would demonstrate that things have not changed that much round here, and possibly might even have improved

mixed_biscuits

I will definitely wear pink if it looks good, why not? But I don't think of it as like a challenging colour - surely everyone on here knows that historically (up to Victorian times I believe) boys wore red and pink, the colours of war and blood, and girls wore soft soppy blue the colour of Chelsea. That's to say there are no fundamentally boy or girl colours... then again I never knew there was a gay way to say goodmorning so....

Actually though when I used to play 5-a-side in Finsbury Park, at first we just had bins, but when we'd been around long enough to justify a kit, I picked a pink one and there was some pushback in fact....

But I'm less interested in the colour stuff (I know I started it but I'm just thinking this now) cos we've heard it before, I would like to hear the really bonkers stuff like "Real men write in capitals the entire time because real men are demented and always really angry, shouting for no reason whatsoever"

Aaaaaaaaaaarghhhhh
Male and female colour processing is different neurological.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
you have to frame sexuality, sexual nuance and even sexual awkwardness respectfully within key discussion points, especially among an all male forum with open public viewing one of its many features and I type that as a former creature of the night

it’d be like starting a woke thread with “black folks are popular at the moment”, there’s no pivot or caveat out of such a statement

of course a genuine element to behaviour where men (and women) definitely behave like they’re not gay or bi exists, eg Gus and even HmmGuv at times here, then there’s the title which implies moments of groupthink homophobia couched in misdirected terms - a discussion to be had but relabel

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
one facet my brother describes are male acquaintances/colleagues/husbands hitting on him who’re in straight relationships, then overcompensating when they get rejected because they’re “definitely not gay and definitely had been drinking heavily”

we’ll be at a shindig and some random bloke 3 pints deep will start trying to get very chummy with him and he’s a unit so it’s not about ju-jitsu, offering drinks building to him humiliating blokes at times with “SO, YOU HAVE RUBBERS THEN?” loudly and you think Thirdform can get you to submit to the sodomy

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
of course a genuine element to behaviour where men (and women) definitely behave like they’re not gay or bi exists, eg Gus and even HmmGuv at times here, then there’s the title which implies moments of groupthink homophobia couched in misdirected terms - a discussion to be had but relabel
A reminder that this man quite routinely threatens to drive all the way to Exeter and rape me.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Just how it reads at face value, especially after the stuff said about trans people elsewhere.
I guess that, I really thought people would know that I would never dream of starting a thread having a go at gay people, but I would happily take the piss out of people who are scared of being gay... but probably that was way too optimistic with regard to people who know me, and when you think that anyone at all can read the forum it's outright silly.

I'd actually bea mortified if people thought I was homophobic... maybe reading the thread clears it up, but you're talking about the title specifically.

When I wrote it I thought it was ok but now I really don't know. Fuck.

Sorry everyone, really no offence was intended. I apologize.

IdleRich

IdleRich
If no one else is bothered then whatever. I just logged in, saw the title and thought "Fuck sake. What now?".
Honestly if you thought that then probably I was... out of order ot at least careless or something.

I can truly say that the last thing I wanted was to make anyone feel bad or uncomfortable like that. Sorry.