Not Being Gay

IdleRich

IdleRich
Wait, who's Igor?
He's a guy I went to visit in Serbia. Basically he's my window into the Serbian world, if he tells me something about that country or probably the Balkans in general then as far as I'm concerned it's unassailable gospel truth.

craner

Beast of Burden
He's a guy I went to visit in Serbia. Basically he's my window into the Serbian world, if he tells me something about that country or probably the Balkans in general then as far as I'm concerned it's unassailable gospel truth.

Thank you.

You ought to produce a glossary of all your friends for us, like Hilary Spurling's guide to A Dance to the Music of Time.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Thank you.

You ought to produce a glossary of all your friends for us, like Hilary Spurling's guide to A Dance to the Music of Time.
I did mention him in the thread where I talked about going to Serbia. But I will recap now...

Igor Milosevic; hard looking six foot two, ex-special forces military police, now working remotely in computing. When he arrived in Lisbon the first thing he saw was a poster advertising Liza DJ-ing with one of his all-time favourite artists - Sonic Boom from Spacemen 3 etc - so he decided to check that out.

When he arrived at Cosmos we were introduced almost straight away and I asked if he was familiar with the cult Yugo dark comedy Strangler Vs Strangler - it turned out he was very familiar and a friendship was born.

At the start of this year Igor was back in Novi Said for a few months and he asked if I would be free for his birthday in mid-April, I was and said so, and he replied to say that he had bought me flights there and back and that I would be staying at his place for ten days, DJ-ing on his birthday and in a cool bar another day.

While there he introduced me to the world of cult Yugoslavian films (made while the Balkan countries were still joined and so the films were nominally Yugoslavian, but in the ones he selected
to show me most of the actors, directors etc were Serbian) and he also told me about the so-called Black Wave of Serbian cinema, the main director of which is about 150 years old and whom Igor had worked with doing marketing on some of his films. I was blown away by the films he showed me and I showed one at my film night in Lisbon in July.

Now we are both back in Lisbon and Igor is joining my team for the film nights going forward. That means that as well as the leader (which is me) there will now be Igor and Taras providing technical support - and more.

Now Taras, I have also mentioned him previously but again I can provide a more thorough summary if required.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Is it Taras who's basically on the run because they tried to conscript him and send him to certain death in Ukraine?

ghost

I quite like the title, I think it opens up a lot of room. People can say lots of things about not being gay. I think it's a beguiling topic.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I quite like the title, I think it opens up a lot of room. People can say lots of things about not being gay. I think it's a beguiling topic.
That's what I hoped... although I stole the central thesis (get me) from a Facebook group which has the arguably less subtly named - and filled with verbing Must Man Harder Or The Queer Will Unpenis Me

IdleRich

IdleRich
Textbook

IMG_20231225_022638.jpg

How do these people get through. Making up all these bizarre rules that they not only have to follow, but which they have to enforce when they see them being broken - if only by tutting or spouting off about it on Facebook.

Cos these rules, pretty much invariably, rule out some sensible convenience or time saving etc Following them will simply make one's life harder - probably, if one were to strictly follow them all, significantly harder in fact.

IdleRich

IdleRich
The following are all rules I've read lately.

Don't drive a car that isn't a truck, don't let your wife drive, don't do the washing up, don't say good morning, don't use plasters*, if you "enjoy family time" on Christmas Eve instead of going to the pub to watch footie then you're a weak Marxist man, don't look in the mirror, and so on and so forth...

*IMG_20231225_023844.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The following are all rules I've read lately.

Don't drive a car that isn't a truck, don't let your wife drive, don't do the washing up, don't say good morning, don't use plasters*, if you "enjoy family time" on Christmas Eve instead of going to the pub to watch footie then you're a weak Marxist man, don't look in the mirror, and so on and so forth...

*View attachment 17101
Home of sexual what?