Not Being Gay

version

I guess that, I really thought people would know that I would never dream of starting a thread having a go at gay people, but I would happily take the piss out of people who are scared of being gay... but probably that was way too optimistic with regard to people who know me, and when you think that anyone at all can read the forum it's outright silly.

I'd actually bea mortified if people thought I was homophobic... maybe reading the thread clears it up, but you're talking about the title specifically.

When I wrote it I thought it was ok but now I really don't know. Fuck.

Sorry everyone, really no offence was intended. I apologize.

I didn't think your post was going to be some genuinely homophobic thing. I just thought it was a clunky title and we were gonna end up with another dodgy 'debate' going on.

IdleRich

IdleRich
TjeyThe lower case writing thing is definitely more common among liberals. Just saying.

I'd have thought that educated people use a mixture of lower and higher case in accordance with the rules of grammar, whereas furious confused cookies on the right, enraged by their never-ending and unwinnable battle with reality tend to brutally smash their illiterate attempts at argument violently into the keyboard in capitals, the muscles on their necks corded with frustration as their inability to spell basic words severely limits their chance of delivering a killer putdown

IdleRich

IdleRich
On a serious note, I do think it's a stupid title. The forum's already a bit grim given what some people were saying in Padraig's thread and now we've got one on the front page called "Not Being Gay"..

To me it still reads neutrally... but I accept that there is more to it than how I feel about it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Also, about 5 years ago, I was in a steakhouse in Germany with a co-worker, and he wanted dessert...so he asked the waitress how big it was, and she said "Would you like to share?" and he got defensive and said "No! It looks gay...two men sharing dessert..."

I tried to tell him she probably meant we could split it 50/50 instead of dipping our forks into the same plate and gazing into each other's eyes, but he wasn't having it. Though, seeing as he'd spent about five minutes looking the dessert menu over and verbally pondering "should I...shouldn't I...", I think he'd already crossed that rubicon ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When I was in Serbia I went to a restaurant with Igor and he said something about people thinking we were a gay couple and I said "But what if we were?" and he was all "No it just couldn't happen".

Certainly I got the impression that Serbia is the most homophobic places I've ever been. When we were talking about National Service I said that a number of Liza's friends in Russia, being effete hipsters, had managed to dodge national service by pretending to be gay or similar, and Igor said "In Serbia it's better to be called up and get killed than it is to be gay".

mixed_biscuits

I'd have thought that educated people use a mixture of lower and higher case in accordance with the rules of grammar, whereas furious confused cookies on the right, enraged by their never-ending and unwinnable battle with reality tend to brutally smash their illiterate attempts at argument violently into the keyboard in capitals, the muscles on their necks corded with frustration as their inability to spell basic words severely limits their chance of delivering a killer putdown
No, the Left like it because it comes across less aggressive

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
When I was in Serbia I went to a restaurant with Igor and he said something about people thinking we were a gay couple and I said "But what if we were?" and he was all "No it just couldn't happen".

Certainly I got the impression that Serbia is the most homophobic places I've ever been. When we were talking about National Service I said that a number of Liza's friends in Russia, being effete hipsters, had managed to dodge national service by pretending to be gay or similar, and Igor said "In Serbia it's better to be called up and get killed than it is to be gay".
More homophobic than Russia, then?

CorpseysEvilTwin

No, the Left like it because it comes across less aggressive

I LORD MAYOR watching yer reason logically is like watching an ape try perform open HORSE AND CART surgery. Why am I responsible for Cambridge i live in HARRY TATE, next BOBBY MOORE be hive Cambridge SCAPA FLOW SCAPA FLOWlf games. Did yer eat yer paint JOCKEY'S PUSSY WHIPS eh child?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I LORD MAYOR watching yer reason logically is like watching an ape try perform open HORSE AND CART surgery. Why am I responsible for Cambridge i live in HARRY TATE, next BOBBY MOORE be hive Cambridge SCAPA FLOW SCAPA FLOWlf games. Did yer eat yer paint JOCKEY'S PUSSY WHIPS eh child?
I mean, yeah, obviously.

IdleRich

IdleRich
More homophobic than Russia, then?
Going by what Igor said. Of course that's entirely anecdotal, but certainly I got the impression you can't really be openly out there - not that it's easy in Russia but in my trips there I have met people.

When we did airbnb in London, at one point we rented our spare room a gay couple from Russia who were friends of friends if I remember correctly.

Sometimes the way they acted made it clear that they were used to living differently. Like they asked if I knew any "Bars that are.... well, you know bars maybe that... or perhaps clubs that we... er" and I guess it was just very hard to say "gay clubs" in part cos they were worried that the FSB was gonna kick the door down, but perhaps also cos it wasn't something they could usually say without being judged.

Honestly I don't know exactly what they were thinking cos I didn't know them well (or at all really) and I didn't want to quiz them and make them feel uncomfortable. But whatever the reason, they were all but unable to say "Can you tell us where to find some gay clubs please".

IdleRich

IdleRich

Not totally getting the full sense of this... but, can you just tell me, are you having a go at MB here?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Going by what Igor said. Of course that's entirely anecdotal, but certainly I got the impression you can't really be openly out there - not that it's easy in Russia but in my trips there I have met people.

When we did airbnb in London, at one point we rented our spare room a gay couple from Russia who were friends of friends if I remember correctly.

Sometimes the way they acted made it clear that they were used to living differently. Like they asked if I knew any "Bars that are.... well, you know bars maybe that... or perhaps clubs that we... er" and I guess it was just very hard to say "gay clubs" in part cos they were worried that the FSB was gonna kick the door down, but perhaps also cos it wasn't something they could usually say without being judged.

Honestly I don't know exactly what they were thinking cos I didn't know them well (or at all really) and I didn't want to quiz them and make them feel uncomfortable. But whatever the reason, they were all but unable to say "Can you tell us where to find some gay clubs please".

I DJ-d at a place in Moscow called Solyanka (named after the delicious soup of course), but a few months we were informed it was raided and shut down. It's difficult to know why cos several explanations were going round, but one version of events was that an openly gay artist performed and this was e reprisal.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

So, all in all, quite a contrast to that promoter couple you know in Lisbon, then?

CorpseysEvilTwin

Not totally getting the full sense of this... but, can you just tell me, are you having a go at MB here?

Imagine bein' such an abject loner failure that ya can't even get to meet with yer old auntie annie and even she says no, no, no like Amy Winehouse, that ya 'ave ter politicise gettin' laid ter make the left aahhht ter be inferior. old bacardi should go fer a chas n dave instead of looking like a bin largeone otherwise 'e won't tidy his room and won't able to bobby a brass nail. none o' this resen'ful septic tank bizniz! Put 'is khyber on death row before he stinks up the bloomin drum even more!