CorpseysEvilTwin

the beastie boys ruined hip hop anyway. if it weren't for them every tom dick and harry malelesbian wouldn't have pretensions to being rappers. It's a bit like when you see a white rasta called Henry barrington Melleville de le nance. Just wrong.

shakahislop

the beastie boys ruined hip hop anyway. if it weren't for them every tom dick and harry malelesbian wouldn't have pretensions to being rappers. It's a bit like when you see a white rasta called Henry barrington Melleville de le nance. Just wrong.
they're a weird one for me. always had the impression that i should like them and they seem to be beloved. tried a few times but always hated what i heard. like an active dislike. really thin sounding to me

shakahislop

that micro-bit in succession where the main guy is psyching himself up for a business meeting by rapping along to their New York song felt dead on to me

i do like that song though actually

CorpseysEvilTwin

they're a weird one for me. always had the impression that i should like them and they seem to be beloved. tried a few times but always hated what i heard. like an active dislike. really thin sounding to me

if malelesbian was a brother from stratford he definitely wouldn't manage to like hip hop and indie simultaneously. Americans need to bully their white brothers more, force them to submit to the elegance of the soul boy continuum. none of that punk bizniz!

CorpseysEvilTwin

that's the problem with malelesbians pluralism, it makes white people get full of themselves. now its their time to be colonised and experience that misery.

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
that's the problem with malelesbians pluralism, it makes white people get full of themselves. now its their time to be colonised and experience that misery.
You don't understand how white people contribute to hip hop because you don't understand the Beastie Boys, the group that laid the blueprint for how white people contribute to hip hop. It's not colonization, it's more like translation. The Beastie Boys showed how all of the conventions of hip hop work when applied to white culture. The Beastie Boys contributed to hip hop precisely because their music contributed to white punk culture. Because rap is about being true to yourself while still representing you environment. If you feel like a punk inside, you can make hip hop music as long as its still punk music. If your cultural mileau is white punk culture, then the hip hop thing to do is to represent punk culture, which the Beastie Boys did and in doing so influenced all future white contributors to hip hop.

CorpseysEvilTwin

You don't understand how white people contribute to hip hop because you don't understand the Beastie Boys, the group that laid the blueprint for how white people contribute to hip hop. It's not colonization, it's more like translation. The Beastie Boys showed how all of the conventions of hip hop work when applied to white culture. The Beastie Boys contributed to hip hop precisely because their music contributed to white punk culture. Because rap is about being true to yourself while still representing you environment. If you feel like a punk inside, you can make hip hop music as long as its still punk music. If your cultural mileau is white punk culture, then the hip hop thing to do is to represent punk culture, which the Beastie Boys did and in doing so influenced all future white contributors to hip hop.

Exactly, I agree entirely! I am just on the other side of this struggle: Punk must be wiped off the surface of the earth. A brain drilling, rude, uncultivated, moronic power cord racket. The Beastie Boys made hip hop inelegant. If it is indeed translation, then you need a refined and cultivated sexy musical language that isn't about moronic fascist blast beats. invent the
white version of James Brown first, and discover your groove!

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
Exactly, I agree entirely! I am just on the other side of this struggle: Punk must be wiped off the surface of the earth. A brain drilling, rude, uncultivated, moronic power cord racket.
The fact that you hate punk explains so much about you.
The Beastie Boys made hip hop inelegant. If it is indeed translation, then you need a refined and cultivated sexy musical language that isn't about moronic fascist blast beats. invent the white version of James Brown first, and discover your groove!
That's basically what the Beastie Boys did on Paul's Boutique. Hey, you like electronic music right? That whole album was produced by the Dust Brothers.
If Paul Wall can do it so can you. Become a 'rapper who happens to be white' not 'a white rapper' find your groove!
Bruh, Paul Wall is a terrible example of a white guy that raps as opposed to a white rapper. He's basically a white guy who contributed nothing new to hip hop. He just followed hip hop's rules and trends very strictly. He was an orthodox rapper because he wanted to be accepted by hip hop without doing anything original. He didn't want to rock the boat. Even Bubba Sparks is a better white guy that raps than Paul Wall! Paul Wall is mainly famous for standing next to more talented black artists, e.g. DJ Screw. Sure Paul Wall as real hip hop. But there's more to being a great hip hop artist than just being real. You also have to be original.

I'm a white guy that raps, not a white rapper because I write original lyrics about white culture in a way that is authentically hip hop. I see white culture from a hip hop perspective.

ghost

Shaka, you've gotta wade into the other thread to find the Malelesbian rap video. whole persona makes sense after watching it.

ghost

Here's a new challenge: can you find me any queer hip hop that counts as REAL hip hop? Queer rap that keeps it real? If you don't know what makes real hip hop real, you certainly don't understand hip hop
it sounds like you're implying that being straight is a prerequisite to making "real hip hop." If not, I'd love an account of why you don't think Tyler's been "keeping it real."

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
it sounds like you're implying that being straight is a prerequisite to making "real hip hop." If not, I'd love an account of why you don't think Tyler's been "keeping it real."
Does he talk about queer issues? Issues that queer people deal with in real life? Can you name anyone other than Tyler? It's true, Tyler does make feminine music. But does he discuss the politics of queer culture? That "Boyfriend" sure doesn't. Lyrically it's just an average poppy relatively apolitical love song that happens to be about a queer relationship. That song has no socially conscious message about queer culture. Tyler keeps it real about other topics, like his mental health, but I know no song where he keeps it real about real queer issues.

linebaugh

A song that discusses the politics of queer culture would probably be awful. Malelesbian it seems like youre only going to be satisfied until someone names a gay Public Enemy

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
A song that discusses the politics of queer culture would probably be awful. Malelesbian it seems like youre only going to be satisfied until someone names a gay Public Enemy
Dude yesssssss. That is what I want! Atleast a gay socially conscious rapper. If no socially conscious rapper comes out, I'm going to write the first socially conscious song about queer issues. Maybe I'll ghostwrite it for a queer rapper.

Imagine a song about a queer person who has to run away from home because their family doesn't accept them, but then they become homeless and have to fight people who hate queers. That would be dope. I don't see why you think a queer political song would be bad.

It's funny how, near the end of the video I'm rapping while limping my wrist, but that still isn't feminine enough for beiser.