malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
Does that macklemore song not count?
It doesn't count. This whole argument started when I asked beiser to name a pro-gay hip hop song not written by Macklemore. Macklemore does count as real hip hop though. He had gay people in his family so he made a pro-gay song. That's keeping it real.

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
If that same song was released by chief keef would it have counted?
Of course. At the end of the day, having a good message is more important to me than the artist's personal history. That's why it doesn't matter to me if a guy is a real gangster. I'm more interested in rappers who promote positivity. Kendrick Lamar's positive political commentary matters more to me than whether or not he really killed that guy way back when. I do have a problem with people are not real gangsters promoting negativity associated with gang culture though. But that's another story. Even if a guy really lived the negative behavior he raps about, I'm still going to criticize him for promoting negativity.

CorpseysEvilTwin

The fact that you hate punk explains so much about you.

go on, mr. cisheterosexual malelesbian queer psychoanalyst! what does it explain?

That's basically what the Beastie Boys did on Paul's Boutique. Hey, you like electronic music right? That whole album was produced by the Dust Brothers.

lmao Those clowns cussed out Noel and Maurice Watson when they came to London for playing gay house music and abandoning the music of the brothers. Their contribution to electronic music is nil, even Hashim's contribution to electronic music is far greater, even though he made a few hits and went into business. Punks jump up to make tits of themselves.

Bruh, Paul Wall is a terrible example of a white guy that raps as opposed to a white rapper. He's basically a white guy who contributed nothing new to hip hop. He just followed hip hop's rules and trends very strictly. He was an orthodox rapper because he wanted to be accepted by hip hop without doing anything original. He didn't want to rock the boat. Even Bubba Sparks is a better white guy that raps than Paul Wall! Paul Wall is mainly famous for standing next to more talented black artists, e.g. DJ Screw. Sure Paul Wall as real hip hop. But there's more to being a great hip hop artist than just being real. You also have to be original.

Originality is a bourgeois death trap, stop talking like a clueless Dilettante. Originality does not exist for Marxists and feminists!

I'm a white guy that raps, not a white rapper because I write original lyrics about white culture in a way that is authentically hip hop. I see white culture from a hip hop perspective.

Cool story, bruh, let's see your lyrics sheet.

ghost

He didn't like the rap songs I posted that are about getting fingerfucked in the ass either. To me, that's what keeping it real looks like.

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
go on, mr. cisheterosexual malelesbian queer psychoanalyst! what does it explain?
Your reductionist brand of marxism that makes everything about promoting traditional culture. Everything with you is either hard-nosed "scientific" materialism or theological exegesis. There's no room for the individual in your worldview. Punk is about thinking for yourself. You're about thinking for a despotic ultra-violent revolutionary class.

My perspective combines the individual and the community in a novel way. You're kind of just blindly anti-western.
lmao Those clowns cussed out Noel and Maurice Watson when they came to London for playing gay house music and abandoning the music of the brothers. Their contribution to electronic music is nil, even Hashim's contribution to electronic music is far greater, even though he made a few hits and went into business. Punks jump up to make tits of themselves.
Good point, I've never heard that story.
Originality is a bourgeois death trap, stop talking like a clueless Dilettante. Originality does not exist for Marxists and feminists!
Suffice to say, I disagree. Why a feminist would have a problem with originality I have no clue. My marxism makes room for originality, that's why it allows for a better aesthetic theory than you can create.
Cool story, bruh, let's see your lyrics sheet.

I improvised that entire freestyle. That's the rap content you're going to get for now. I'm not going to engage in a pissing contest about the quality of my lyrics.

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
I'm more concerned he's recorded himself in a noisy environment and is off beat. he won't even do a freestyle for dissensus, it's a pity really.
All good rappers are off beat LMAO. You're exposing your ignorance of hip hop.

I want to do a freestyle for Dissensus actually, that's a good idea. I don't have a camera or microphone yet, so maybe I'll record it on my phone? What do you guys want to hear? Hey, I'll even let you guys choose the beat. But then I'll post two freestyles, one over the beat I choose, one over the beat you guys choose.

CorpseysEvilTwin

Your reductionist brand of marxism that makes everything about promoting traditional culture. Everything with you is either hard-nosed "scientific" materialism or theological exegesis. There's no room for the individual in your worldview. Punk is about thinking for yourself. You're about thinking for a despotic ultra-violent revolutionary class.

My perspective combines the individual and the community in a novel way. You're kind of just blindly anti-western.

What's wrong with blind anti-westernism? All the West has done is rape and pillage. So what if some punks had an existential crisis about that?

Plenty of collectively orientated genres such as motown, free jazz, philli soul, disco. and far surpass punk. all you want to do is validate narcissism.

CorpseysEvilTwin

All good rappers are off beat LMAO. You're exposing your ignorance of hip hop.

Not off beat meaning musically out of time they aren't.

I want to do a freestyle for Dissensus actually, that's a good idea. I don't have a camera or microphone yet, so maybe I'll record it on my phone? What do you guys want to hear? Hey, I'll even let you guys choose the beat. But then I'll post two freestyles, one over the beat I choose, one over the beat you guys choose.

no need to choose a beat. just do it now.

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
What's wrong with blind anti-westernism? All the West has done is rape and pillage. So what if some punks had an existential crisis about that?
Uh, that it's blind. Blind anything is bad. Sorry if that's ableist rhetoric.
Plenty of collectively orientated genres such as motown, free jazz, philli soul, disco. and far surpass punk. all you want to do is validate narcissism.
All genres are autonomous. They all have some great music, some mid music, and some bad music. It's pointless to argue about what genre is better than the other.
Not off beat meaning musically out of time they aren't.
I ain't never been off-time fuck out of here. My shit has a unique pocket.
no need to choose a beat. just do it now.
I only rap to beats. I don't like acapella freestyles. Plus I'm "off-beat" *groan*

CorpseysEvilTwin

Uh, that it's blind. Blind anything is bad. Sorry if that's ableist rhetoric.

That's not an answer, and yes, that is ableist. are blind people bad simply because they have no vision? What if everyone on this forum was blind and you just acted as a bigot to them? Then why should they accept your malelesbianism?

All genres are autonomous. They all have some great music, some mid music, and some bad music. It's pointless to argue about what genre is better than the other.

But that is not the point. Punks will never have to learn to play their instruments to an acceptable standard (modally speaking.) which is perfect for industrial and noise music, but underwhelming when it it has pretensions of being real music.

I ain't never been off-time fuck out of here. My shit has a unique pocket.

No such thing as a unique pocket. Your rhythmic sense is wack! don't be a spoiled rich brat cop out!

I only rap to beats. I don't like acapella freestyles. Plus I'm "off-beat" *groan*

Exactly, if you're off time then this should make it easier, no beats to keep to. Otherwise its a cop out.

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
That's not an answer, and yes, that is ableist. are blind people bad simply because they have no vision? What if everyone on this forum was blind and you just acted as a bigot to them? Then why should they accept your malelesbianism?
So Kant was being ableist when he spoke of "blind intuition?"
But that is not the point. Punks will never have to learn to play their instruments to an acceptable standard (modally speaking.) which is perfect for industrial and noise music, but underwhelming when it it has pretensions of being real music.

You're the one who posted PiL Post-punk bands made an art out of not knowing how to play their instruments. Jah Wobble wasn't a sick bassist? Post-punk is real music to me.
No such thing as a unique pocket. Your rhythmic sense is wack! don't be a spoiled rich brat cop out!
Listen to E-40. I have the best flow since Busta Rhymes IMO. Most rappers can't freestyle fast and syncopated like me.
Exactly, if you're off time then this should make it easier, no beats to keep to. Otherwise its a cop out.
Hmm just this one time I'll consider rapping acapella. But I'm going to rap to a metronome. Because I have "wack rhythms" at least to untrained ears like yours.

CorpseysEvilTwin

You're the one who posted PiL Post-punk bands made an art out of not knowing how to play their instruments. Jah Wobble wasn't a sick bassist? Post-punk is real music to me.

Absolutely not true, Keith Levene was a highly accomplished guitarist and practiced to Yes and King Crimson. Similarly, Jah Wobble practiced to Coxon and Tubby produced rhythm sections, some of the tightest in the world. The sex pistols made a virtue out of not playing their instruments, but they were shit.

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
Absolutely not true, Keith Levene was a highly accomplished guitarist and practiced to Yes and King Crimson. Similarly, Jah Wobble practiced to Coxon and Tubby produced rhythm sections, some of the tightest in the world. The sex pistols made a virtue out of not playing their instruments, but they were shit.
They were still untrained musicians. Just because their music sounded good doesn't mean they knew how to play their instruments. Post-punk is proof you can make good music without knowing how to play your instruments.

CorpseysEvilTwin

They were still untrained musicians. Just because their music sounded good doesn't mean they knew how to play their instruments. Post-punk is proof you can make good music without knowing how to play your instruments.

I just told you they were musically accomplished and practiced to some of the most technically accomplished music in town. You accuse people of anti-intellectualism, yet you deny working class people the agency to teach themselves to play music, to learn cords and notation simply because they didn't attend formal conservatory.

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
I just told you they were musically accomplished and practiced to some of the most technically accomplished music in town. You accuse people of anti-intellectualism, yet you deny working class people the agency to teach themselves to play music, to learn cords and notation simply because they didn't attend formal conservatory.
I mean if that's the way you want to look at it, I would just say both punk and post-punk artists made great music and did know how to play their instruments even though they were self-taught.

CorpseysEvilTwin

I mean if that's the way you want to look at it, I would just say both punk and post-punk artists made great music and did know how to play their instruments even though they were self-taught.

not punks. punk rock music is very simple, it's entirely based on 12 bar power cord rock and roll. But post-punk was the reintegration of all that stuff which mcclaren and his idiot friends
discarded as progressive and noodly.