william_kent

last night's / this morning's session of Cayo Grande Club Brown " elevated my drinking experience to new heights" so I am relying on Rembrandt Rum to cushion my fall

william_kent

not in my top ten EVER

but it's what I'm drinking just now

rum_tuzemsky.jpg

R tuzemský 40%

Domestic R is made from high-quality alcohol and crystal clear water.

this is a weird one - is it even Rum?

it's from Slovekia, not a nation known for sugar cane or rum...

but research:

Czech rum Tuzemak (or Tuzemsky Rum) is performed for more than 150 years. During the Napoleonic wars in the Austro-Hungarian Empire, due to the inability to import rum drink was invented, which was named “China domestic” rum (translated from the Czech word «tuzemsky» means “home”). It’s not quite rum in the classic sense, because it is not made from sugar cane, and of alcohol of agricultural origin – grain, potatoes, sugar beet, to which is added a special rum essence that gives the drink a rich color of strong tea. Since 2003 the European Union introduced a law by which can be called only rum drink from sugar cane distillate Czech drink was renamed from Tuzemsky Rum in Tuzemak, although colloquially it and to this day is called rum.

this tastes like it is an ingredient in an over rich cake mix

william_kent

Tuzemsky "rum" is like liquid xmas cake

I feel it is pleasurable but ultimately no good

have you ever passed a bunch of Eastern European cleaning ladies clustered around a bus stop in the early morning and they are glugging down a weird violent purple coloured fermented beetroot concoction out of jam jars?

I imagine this is the same buzz

linebaugh

I just had my first rum that wasnt bacardi or malibu or something like that. The unfortunatley named 'plantation' rum

luka

• 4​

Nozza, 9 May 2022
    What you might call a proper Jamaican rum. This is no smooth, sweet South American (with all the sugar and additives that often entails) job. It's a pot-still banger. Strong, complex and unique flavours. If you're a sweet, spiced rum fan this is going to take some getting used to. It has the Jamaican rum 'funk' - load of distillates that get carried over in the production, leaving a lot of esters in the mix. This gives complex flavours, with the well known one being banana or overripe fruit. The end result is endlessly interesting. Each sip is different to the last.

william_kent

0847517_BEAUGS8X20.jpeg

Beaulieu Arrangé Saveur Epicé Caraïbes 35° 0.7L

colourful label, a light "rhum" in all respects

it took me a few minutes to get the stupid stopper out due to enthusiastic sealing on the part of the manufacturer but a pair of Japanese crafted scissors soon made light work of the black and gold crap that was keeping me from my "rhum", but once the wrapping was out of the way there was a satisfying "pop" as the stopper was released

after last night's Slovekian "rum" this is surprisingly smooth, the spices are subtle to the point where I couldn't even tell you what they are

linebaugh

name?

marks out of 10?
Plantation rum. Its jamaican. I said in a previous comment its the first time Ive had a real rum that wasnt basically a liquer you use in fruity cocktails so I dont know if I can give it propper marks. Its much better than what ive had though

linebaugh

I think i would need a spicier rum to go straight. But i like the idea of drinking it straight, like a pirate

linebaugh

Do people drink vodka straight from a glass? Are rum and whiskey the only liqors that have that custom?