The Media Controls Your Mind

sus

I literally edited and wrote a forward for an anthology of essays coming out of the LW diaspora lol

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Now, imagine being Prince Harry but instead of inheriting unheard of levels of wealth he inherited the proceeds of a biscuit factory

Can you even begin to imagine it? And they kept saying your mum was a slag? Wtf?

🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Can you remember the media when she died?

Can you remember sycophancy on a par since?

Cite examples and no not the Queen you div

version

The media are currently trying to convince people the new True Detective is better than the first one. I don't think it's working though.

It's funny watching it play out as there are these glowing headlines from professional critics then the comments are full of people saying they feel like they're going nuts reading this and are they watching the same show?

Seems it's generally accepted, whether it's true or not, that the networks are paying off reviewers and astroturfing social media.

• Haha
Reactions: sus

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
The media are currently trying to convince people the new True Detective is better than the first one. I don't think it's working though.
I think Jodie Foster is good in this new season though, normally pretty ambivalent about her performances.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I mean, it wouldn't surprise me. Both professional critics and network television seem to be having a tough time, from what I gather, given how content consumption has evolved. Granted True Detective is available on streaming, its still a weekly release like classical television.