GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

mos dan

fact music
what *is* terror danjah's 'hard drive'?

he's releasing a range of USB external storage units innit

thank you so much for that fuck radio 5 tip-off.. it was one of those many mixes i downloaded and subsequently forgot about.. absolutely shower, i love those 'recorded live' mixes. for me nothing will ever test essential's 'heating 1/2' on that score...

petergunn

plywood violin
The Tinchy and Skepta records were on TP in Uptown only. They will be available everywhere from next week.

Look out for promos of an instrumental EP from Maniac next week as well, which is his first solo release on wax.

nice, maniac is big...

tinchy "mainstream money" video for those who haven't seen it... video is ok...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

You should up that if you have it because I've never heard of it.

yes please up it, ive got this on blank cd but its too fucked to play in my hi fi

essentials were soooo sooo good.

kinda sad to hear ne and jendor sending cussing their old crew now that they're in OG. by the way, i only realised now that OG stands for Organised Grime which has to rate, alongside Griminal, and Dot Rotten, as some of the worst names ever.

at least Griminal is getting called just Grim now.

Definately essentials mixtape volume 1 was the best though, another cd i have which is totally played out and fucked - some of the beats on that are just Mucky..

mos dan

fact music
it's not supposed to be up til tomorrow morning so maybe that's why it wouldn't let you comment..? everyone go check that link tmw morning and show me lots of love/shout me down etc then please ;)

gumdrops

wtf?? how did you find that man?? it's not even technically up yet lol.

just by looking on the blogs section of the guardian site. its there for everyone to see i thought. unless my comp has magic powers which allow me exclusives on webpages before theyre published?!

mos dan

fact music
i'm ready

god that sounds so quietly threatening lol. :p

and yes gumdrops, i think your comp must have magic powers, cos i'm not seeing that post indexed anywhere yet!

to get back on-topic, it seems hoodstars are sending for ruff sqwad over the issue of t-shirts (ha!)

http://www.rwdmag.com/forum//showthread.php?t=87850

i hope ruff sqwad reply, they've disappeared off the face of the earth lately. they were billed as being on pyroradio last night but it was just some dj i haven't heard of called matic or something, playing loads of hh, and more fire crew's 'oi', and random other shit. he seemed to be affiliated with rsmd though...

gumdrops

i must see what other excloooooos content my pcs at work can tap into.

in other news,
The Bengalator draws for the album
After a long wait hanging about in Croydon, combing his hair and causing trouble, Benga's debut studio album "Diary of an Afro Warrior" is finally ready. It will be preceded by his collaboration with Coki, "Night" which thanks to Skepta and Maximum, was the biggest anthem on the holiday islands this year. It's now being played by Scratch Perverts, Laurent Garnier, Fran&#141;ois K, Zinc, Sinden, Hot Chip and Gilles Peterson to name a few. Coki and Benga's "Night" will promo'd on vinyl in October with exclusive early copies available through www.dubplate.net. Oh and watch out for the Dizzee Rascal vocal version.

Last edited:

luka

i got that fuck radio yesterday. seriously, that is easily up there with the best sets ever, definelty level with anything, any nasty crew set, any roll deep set, any young man standing with titch and dizzee going at each other, as good as jammers birthday set, anything, its so hype, ghetto is so far ahead now its like when dizzee came out, he's incredible, its disgusting, anyone saying he sounds like dipset or something, you're mad, who in dipset cn spit like that? ghetts would merk anyone in dipset in 8 bars, he's miles ahead, grime is so much better thwan hiphop right now its not funny. hiphop is for old people, all the mcs are in their 30s theres no energy, i was listening on the bus just grinning, massive big wide grin like i haven't got from grime since about 2003. that set destroys everything. chipmunk is big, everyone on it is sounding good, the beats are sounding good.... i just can't get over how amazing it is. newham is definelty holding the crown, tower hamlets got left miles behind...