Newham Generals

if even logan doesnt know...

the only one i get on there is night
they hardly ever call out the names of their songs - if they released a cd of instrumentals im sure it would do well

Pulchritude

Coki and Benga tune - someone on here will know the title, 'Night' possibly?

Don't know the name of any of the others, not dubstep tunes though, think most are Gens-related.

Yeah, it's on Dubstep Allstars 5 as 'Night / Tease Elder Dub' by Coki and Benga.

gumdrops

i probably listen to newham gens too much but im a bit bored of them as mcs now - they are quite one dimensional really arent they? not necess in a bad way (id rather they excel at being 1D than trying to be versatile and failing), but it can get wearing after a while. i get it guys, youre hard and have lots of 'tools' and can put me in the ground and newham is a very dangerous place etc etc. still, the beats tubby is playing are just monumental at the moment arent they?! shame tubby doesnt release anything on braindead anymore. slush is/was a classic.

rah

i probably listen to newham gens too much but im a bit bored of them as mcs now - they are quite one dimensional really arent they? not necess in a bad way (id rather they excel at being 1D than trying to be versatile and failing), but it can get wearing after a while. i get it guys, youre hard and have lots of 'tools' and can put me in the ground and newham is a very dangerous place etc etc. still, the beats tubby is playing are just monumental at the moment arent they?! shame tubby doesnt release anything on braindead anymore. slush is/was a classic.

chin up man - I swear your one of their biggest fans

anyway if you listen to the first hour of Tubby's show today on the Rinse podcast you'll hear about 10 tunes from the album (or album sessions)

some decent ones, some predictable one but damn...there's one called 'Hi's, Top's, Mids' by Double which is too much..one called 'E7' ft. Tempa T which is too much another one by Double ft. Monkey which is sick...and 'Bell Dem Slags' is too funny...I swear some one didn't like it - are you muad?!?

dee is doing quite a bit of dj-ing on rinse now - he held a show by himself the other day, mcing and djing at the same time! mans got skills - and yeah they've got BARE tracks - most of them are sick. that pepper one is amazing - as are the ones tactics mentioned above - oh and dee played some snippets from a gig in cambridge - sounded pretty live, crowd well hyped - the gens seemed to be working it well - at least sonically - dunno about moving around on stage, maybe you just caught a bad gig gumdrops, have they ever done a tour before this - oh and for lyrical content check dee's new flows on that top's mids and Bass tune!!!

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Newham Gens sets on Rinse have been shower for aaaaaaages now. Going through a few from the last year or so I came across so many riddims that I need to identify. Lets see if anyone can shed some light on the names or producers of any of these:

Newham Generals (rinsefm) - unknown riddim 01
This one's from a more recent set. A kinda half-steppa/hiphop style beat. Menacing.

Newham Generals (rinsefm) - unknown riddim 02
I think this one's been about a while. Probably a Tubby or Footise production I think. Incredibly haunted and twisted vocal samples.

Newham Generals (rinsefm) - unknown riddim 03
I absolutely love this one - it was on the sets on Rinse when Dizzee accompanied them. It has some excellent blaxpolitation flick horn samples - definitely movin.

Newham Generals (rinsefm) - unknown riddim 04
Real lovely one this. Not sure if it's dubstep or not, but has some wonderful synth flourishes. A headnodder, I've gotta know more about this one.

Newham Generals (rinsefm) - unknown riddim 05
Pretty sure this one is by Waifer from Slew Dem. Real twisted, glitch-grime.

Newham Generals (rinsefm) - unknown riddim 06
This might be by Footsie. I think it's fairly old, but certainly an anthem.

Newham Generals (rinsefm) - unknown riddim 07
One from a recent set. Real abstact 8bar(ish) switch.

Newham Generals (rinsefm) - unknown riddim 08
"This one's a steppers". Think it might be a Braindead production.

Newham Generals (rinsefm) - unknown riddim 09
This contains a sample from the film 'Rockers', which was also used in the jungle anthem by Splash - 'Babylon'. Roots-style.

Newham Generals (rinsefm) - unknown riddim 10
Finally, this one has got to be a dubstep track, but I have no idea who it is.

Come on, you lot must know more than I do.

The first one...
Newham Generals (rinsefm) - unknown riddim 01
This one's from a more recent set. A kinda half-steppa/hiphop style beat. Menacing.

is Kromestar - Aggy (from the Hydro EP).

Anyone else know the others?

luka

monkey has formed a new crew with scoobee, kfigures and grymos. troubleshooters. should be big. lot of talent there.

gumdrops

was listening to a show of theirs from last month yesterday and theres one tune i really need to upload cos the beat is just insane. really energetic hardcore assault-type grime beat, not a dubsteppy one. tubby has such a good selection. forget an album, i find most of their tunes quite dull and predictable (although the old school rave-style one is really great!), id like a 'streetbeats' or rinsessions style album from them (in good fidelity). someone tell tubby to do this ;)

ps - does anyone have an mp3 of their set at rinsessions from ministry? or their set at fwd that used to be on their myspace?

mos dan

fact music
It is Benga

Benga & Coki - Night

Test Presses are floating about now on Tempa

i know so much has been said about this tune already, but i thought i'd add that geeneus said the other day he reckons it's "the new request line" in terms of its pan-genre reach.

gumdrops

they might as well leave dizzees label at this stage. not that i mind them just being IMO the best radio crew out there, thats fine, i love their shows, tubby is still one of the best djs in grime/dubstep, but would be nice if they at least released some 12s.

if anyone can ID this beat, that would be nice. probably my favourite beat of the year. its amazing, whoever did it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/s1wf5f

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
they might as well leave dizzees label at this stage. not that i mind them just being IMO the best radio crew out there, thats fine, i love their shows, tubby is still one of the best djs in grime/dubstep, but would be nice if they at least released some 12s.

if anyone can ID this beat, that would be nice. probably my favourite beat of the year. its amazing, whoever did it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/s1wf5f

It sounds a lot like Macabre Unit.