Newham Generals

Benny Bunter

Anyone know if that 'My life' tune (i think thats what its called) with Dizzee ever came out, or is coming out? Best thing Ive heard from Dizzee in ages

gumdrops

I dunno bout you, but I haven't listened to anything lese since I heard this, it's just one of the best sets I've heard in ages, the Generals seem to have really ramped it up.

totally random stab in the dark but does anyone happen to have this set? its from around may 2007. i accidentally deleted a load of stuff from my hd and i think this was in there. :mad:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
totally random stab in the dark but does anyone happen to have this set? its from around may 2007. i accidentally deleted a load of stuff from my hd and i think this was in there. :mad:

Was that the set with Tempz on it? Or another one? There were a few around that time that I was totally into, I still got them all if you know which one.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
So what is up with that 'Head Get Mangled' song?

Do they really think that is going to catch on in the charts? It's amazingly bad from almost every angle you look at it. It's dated as fuck, the production and arrangement is awful, that effect on their vocals is weak. It's just SO bad! Oh yeah, and it's called "Head Get Mangled."

Nice video though.

gumdrops

its not that bad. im guessing after all the touring with their boss (ho ho) they thought glossy, lunkheadish prodigy sounding tracks would be a good idea. theres actually another more straight ahead early 90s hardcore-ish track on that podcast of theirs, which is alllright, but im praying it doesnt make the album.

Viktor:
honestly i cant remember lol. i just remember playing all the ones from around this period a lot. and then from around later in 2007, from around sept/oct (i just remember this period cos i started a new job and listened to gens every morning to psyche myself up for work in the middle of nowhere).

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
its not that bad. im guessing after all the touring with their boss (ho ho) they thought glossy, lunkheadish prodigy sounding tracks would be a good idea.

hah totally agree, that was my interpretation of how that bizarre and horrible song managed to come about too. i'm afraid i still hate it and what they did with/to d double on it though.

the omm hype shows the kind of media people who only take notice of prs/proper labels are going to sit up though, that's something - i can see the gens album getting quite a lot of publicity... i'm still not sure whether people will buy it though - not knowing what's on it and all! :)

viktor i downloaded that set, cheers - it's one of those 'if i ever had it i lost it' ones.

gumdrops

i'm still not sure whether people will buy it though - not knowing what's on it and all! :)

i like how its all so mysterious! makes a change from hearing about an album, getting tracks in dribs and drabs, knowing the tracklisting, getting the leak, etc etc. this one, theres not even an amazon listing! no pre-orders anywhere. im not 100% convinced [(c) bruza - end of grime point for certain bloggers lol) its going to make it out at the end of march.

gumdrops

seconded. mistersloane mentioned a show around the last week of april 07 which had several rewinds for 'night' which i *think* is the one this thread started with...

viktorvaughn