Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Guido is indeed a don. Things like Way You Make Me Feel are just beautiful.
Glad that you had a good night, Baboon. Yeah from what I heard on the radio Chef played his fair shair of big wobblers near the start of his set (and for all I know he could have gone back into them at the end, think the stream cut out a bit early). They were good though, at the more energetic, hyperactive end of things, don't know if any of them were by Coki but they sounded to me in the same sort of style as Robotnik/Spongebob type things. Loads of other stuff too, Bullet A Go Fly remix (yes!), plenty of vocals including that "I'm reminising" one, lots of tracks with more of a 2-step feel but with really twisted, hard beats and sounds.
Hmmm I seem to be banging on about Chef a lot lately, but he does seem to represent what I'd like to hear if I was going to dance to dubstep for the night. The only criticism you could maybe make is that it's still a 'compromise' thing innit, trying to keep different crowds happy. Now if producers became influenced to start using those elements in the same tune rather than just the same set, then we'd be getting somewhere.

BareBones

wheezy
which guido mix are you guys talking about, the 29 min one from last year? i think it was last year, possibly early 09. Had loads of guido and joker tunes on it. i can't wait for some more guido stuff to get released - especially this one which was on that mix (being mixed out of johnny 5 by gemmy i think, which also really needs to come out):

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
agree completely about the guido hype - i half-heartedly tried to probe him about doing more mixes/getting more tunes out there/dj-ing more.. i think he thinks there's no hurry, that he's still learning how to do this etc... which is totally fair

that's a scary thought. my point with making a comparison with eg Tricky is that Guido's stuff just seems so fully formed, genre-bending (those warped electric guitars in the first track on the mix!) and sublimely produced, so early on...

Blackdown

nexKeysound
actually, oddly, i think how ammeturishly produced they are is part of the appeal. joker on the otherhand, is a production badman...

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
ah, technically maybe so (not my forte!) - but a lot of it has this crystal clarity, like dubstep seen in technicolour for the first time or something...

It seems strange to me how no-one mentions the fact that T Boy is a comedian whose catchphrase is "Don't Jealous Me" and that song is more a vehicle for him than a funky tune.