don_quixote

Trent End
i said SMALLER not small :p i've seen brighton play at city ground and hopefully we won't be playing you next season, if you know what i mean. i don't doubt we will too much though.

west ham away is a nice draw but i wanted a home tie so i could go, ah well. got my tickets for derby away in the league which is going to be electric.

BareBones

wheezy

carlton cole is such a lucky fucker. that's the second time in as many weeks that he's either scored or made a goal for us because of/despite of being totally shite. first that ridiculous air-shot against wolves which lead to zubar scoring an unlucky own goal, and then last night ben foster allowing that crappy scuff-shot through his legs. plus in that interview above not only does he appear to be on fire, he uses the word "over-chuffed" TWICE (not that that has anything to do with luck though obv)

is avram gonna lead us to cup glory and relegation a la portsmouth?

crackerjack

Yeah, Crofts has been pretty good for us this season. He started fantastically well, player of the season material. He's not been as amazing recently, at least in part cos we can't quite figure out where to play him, is he deep lying or better further forward?

Saw pitifully few games last year, so not sure, but my impression was he's best pretty central.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
So, can Man U go the entire season undefeated? I doubt it from the point of view that they'll go far enough in the Champions' League that they will get a fixture pile-up and lose one of them,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/fixtures/default.stm

But, looking at their fixtures, I can't see anyone beating them until the Chelsea game, which will be game 28 (cos Man City would have to have a shot on target to win), after which there are tricky away fixtures against Liverpool (who will be better by then), Newcastle and Arsenal. So it's unlikely, but if they get to game 30 or so without having lost, then there'll be extra determination.

crackerjack

So, can Man U go the entire season undefeated? I doubt it from the point of view that they'll go far enough in the Champions' League that they will get a fixture pile-up and lose one of them,

But, looking at their fixtures, I can't see anyone beating them until the Chelsea game, which will be game 28 (cos Man City would have to have a shot on target to win), after which there are tricky away fixtures against Liverpool (who will be better by then), Newcastle and Arsenal. So it's unlikely, but if they get to game 30 or so without having lost, then there'll be extra determination.

They've been lucky not to lose teams like Sunderland and West Brom. I'd be amazed if they go unbeaten and unless they start playing significantly better than they are. The fitness of Rio and Vidic could be of greater importance than their opponents.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Yeah, guess I was assume Rio and Nemanja remain fit. Naturally luck always comes into an unbeaten season (did for Arsenal's Invincibles certainly, even if they were a signif better team) - I don't see them doing it because of the Chelsea game away and the CL factor, but ....

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
"It's a wonderful project. It's kind of a mix between football and art"
Does Cantona know how funny he is? i used to think not but surely..

don_quixote

Trent End

really? can't see it

mrfaucet

The Ideas Train
really? can't see it

Although the results haven't been there and we've still been lacking a bit in the final third, things look so much better since Hodgson left. I don't think it's a coincidence that Torres is looking better (even if he's still not as good as he was) since we actually started passing the ball rather than just hoofing it forward. That's not to say we will definitely beat Man Utd or anything, but don't think it'll be a walk in the park for them and it wasn't in the FA cup either until Gerrard decided to be a bit stupid.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Yeah, Liverpool seemed better against Everton, shoots of revival etc. And I think Liverpool - Man U will never be anything but a fairly close game, because of the rivalry, even if Liverpool's team is poor for a club of their stature. They won't ever capitulate against United in the way they did, for example, to Chelsea in the title-winning game last season.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Who said this was a less-than-vintage Premier League year? Man U and Arsenal's performances this weekend were among the best (Barcelona apart) I've seen in a long time. Birmingham were admittedly poor, but United had something of the swashbuckle of old, with Rooney back on song.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
This Andy Gray furore is a textbook example of why former, and indeed present, Leeds United players shouldn't be allowed out in public