Your top 5 countries of best music

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Lots of things are 'interesting and controversial' without being true.

From the Wiki article:

...just as I've been saying: these civilisations were the dominant ones in the period prior to and during the genesis of Greek culture, so it'd be ridiculous to deny there was an influence going on, which is why no-one is doing so!

"The Establishment says I'm wrong, so I must be right!" - hmm, heard *that* one before! http://www.dissensus.com/showthread.php?t=6471 ;)

Quite a claim to make with no evidence...

Bernal is fab, I never said he was true, that's why he's an interesting read...I think he ended up going totally out there and gettiong involved with the Nauwabian Islamic Hebrews but I'm not sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuwaubianism

zhao

there are no accidents
cuba, columbia, argentina, venezuala (heard some venezuela dancehall/jungle night before last by the way. nice sounding stuff)... wait what the hell was my main point? oh well.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
cuba, columbia, argentina, venezuala (heard some venezuela dancehall/jungle night before last by the way. nice sounding stuff)... wait what the hell was my main point? oh well.

Venezuelan dancehall - when I Googled this, the only match I got was with a night called Future Flamenco at Notting Hill Arts Club (perhaps not running any more? sadly I couldn't find any details on their website), which features "Venezuelan dancehall, Argentine ska, Barcelona punk, AfroColombian champeta and funk, Madrid rock, Andalusian Gypsy dance music and corny Spanish pop". Sounds bloody great.

Anyway, any more info from anyone on Venezuelan dancehall. I've heard quite a bit of Haitian ragga and liked it a lot, so I'm very curious to learn about dancehall outside Jamaica/the US/reggaeton-ish beats.

zhao

there are no accidents
it sounded a little similar to reggaeton, but when i asked one of the djs if it was that i was given a dirty look :eek: more melodic though, with more horns and stuff... the flow was a bit diffferent as well. but kind of difficult to have a clear objective ear what with the booze and the smoky club and all the distractions.

at 5 AM when i left there was a group of people in the outside area frantically pogoing and skanking to 150 BPM+ Israeli wedding music and Balkan Speed Brass type shit :confused:

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
Anyway, any more info from anyone on Venezuelan dancehall. I've heard quite a bit of Haitian ragga and liked it a lot, so I'm very curious to learn about dancehall outside Jamaica/the US/reggaeton-ish beats.

Scrounge up some Playero 38.... They were a Puerto Rican DJ crew in the 90s whose style basically turned into reggaeton -- they're more 90s hip hop/dancehall en espanol, but the blueprint is there. Daddy Yankee got his start with them. I think wayne&wax has done posts on them.

Actually, I'm still between jobs right now, maybe I'll have the inclination to up some stuff. Works best blasting out of a car on a hot day!

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
Scrounge up some Playero 38.... They were a Puerto Rican DJ crew in the 90s whose style basically turned into reggaeton -- they're more 90s hip hop/dancehall en espanol, but the blueprint is there. Daddy Yankee got his start with them. I think wayne&wax has done posts on them.

Actually, I'm still between jobs right now, maybe I'll have the inclination to up some stuff. Works best blasting out of a car on a hot day!

big ups

01 - varios artistas - non stop reegae.mp3 - 56.67MB

claphands

Poorly-known member
US and Brazil are an easy 1-2 punch for me. UK a distant third. After that no country specifically stands out (in my listening habits/tastes) as higher than a bunch of others.