benga - diary of an afro warrior

mos dan

fact music
this absolutely sounds as if it could become my favorite favorite thing!

any chance it might be up someplace for the download?

my god, i wish it was. i think i ran up to georgie (drumsofthesouth.com), who'd booked benga, straight afterwards and asked with wide-eyed hope whether it had been recorded. she sadly shook her head and told me no. sorry!!!

i think the only way this might realistically happen again is if we hustle boomnoise to hustle benga to do a special guest mix on the boomnoise and pokes show. either that or someone needs to book him to do it again!!

i'm pretty sure a lot of the records he was playing were the ones him and skream used to make when they were like 15 or so!

nomos

Administrator
i'm pretty sure a lot of the records he was playing were the ones him and skream used to make when they were like 15 or so!
my god that must have been good. so was it like the stuff that they had in their old big apple mixes + slimzee-style pulse x/eski/plasticman/black ops/oddz, etc?

@ lissajou - i could upload the big apple mixes if you haven't got them

tox

Factory Girl
dunno about a techno LP specifically, but I hear of an interesting collabo coming in the new year.

Gilles Peterson was on about getting Benga or Skream to do a collaboration with Nostalgia '77 which could be an interesting one... Why exactly he's so intent on sorting Nostalgia '77 with a dubstep collaboration I do not know.

On another note I heard "night" spun by Mr Peterson the other night at the Students' Union of all places and it went off. The crowd was small, but night had a good 95% of people on the dancefloor.

lissajou

my god that must have been good. so was it like the stuff that they had in their old big apple mixes + slimzee-style pulse x/eski/plasticman/black ops/oddz, etc?

@ lissajou - i could upload the big apple mixes if you haven't got them

i've never heard these, but would absoposilutely love to!

in exchange for your efforts, i present to you what i suspect may be the most important estonian chicken advertisement on the internet:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

tomd

penis like a micromachine
these are too much. just listening to the remix of donnel jones on the benga mix wondering if ive woken up yet.

Numbers

Just started listening to the Skream mix. Love it. It's really good mixed as well.

Does anyone knows if this stuff got released? Except for the tracks from the BA-Ep (Acid People, etc.) I didn't recognize much.