benga - diary of an afro warrior

elgato

I just dont know
legendary stuff, many thanks Paul, I've never heard the Plasticman one, looking forward to that!

this is such an amazing sound, love the styles

Just started listening to the Skream mix. Love it. It's really good mixed as well.

Does anyone knows if this stuff got released? Except for the tracks from the BA-Ep (Acid People, etc.) I didn't recognize much.

two of the tracks are early versions of Anger and Traitor - http://www.discogs.com/release/455594

the really rolling breaky one is Ain't It Cold? which is on this

a few off the various Big Apple EPs, but loads are unreleased i think

boomnoise

♫
ah yes thanks for the reminder. i'll dig about again.

as for the benga album i can confirm the release date is March 10th

ThinKing

Gilles Peterson was on about getting Benga or Skream to do a collaboration with Nostalgia '77 which could be an interesting one... Why exactly he's so intent on sorting Nostalgia '77 with a dubstep collaboration I do not know.

actually in my previous post I was on about the Magnetic Man live tour - Artwork, Skream and Benga on 3 laptops. I was just being cagey as I didn't know if it was common knowledge at the time. Anyways it's in the public domain now and their tour starts next month I think. :)

back on topic, just received the vinyl version of the Benga LP last week and I'm not bowled over.

elgato

I just dont know
actually in my previous post I was on about the Magnetic Man live tour - Artwork, Skream and Benga on 3 laptops. I was just being cagey as I didn't know if it was common knowledge at the time. Anyways it's in the public domain now and their tour starts next month I think. :)

back on topic, just received the vinyl version of the Benga LP last week and I'm not bowled over.

so is Magnetic Man all of them together or any of them at one time (if you see what i mean... is it a shared collective guise or a consistent collaboration)?

and do you happen to know the tracklist for the new LP? some of his new bits i'd love to see

ThinKing

so is Magnetic Man all of them together or any of them at one time (if you see what i mean... is it a shared collective guise or a consistent collaboration)?

and do you happen to know the tracklist for the new LP? some of his new bits i'd love to see

as I understood it, the tunes were written by Artwork & Benga, but that's just what I've been told so I am happy to be corrected in this respect. The live show is all three - the Arts Council bought them all laptops so they could do a PA.

info for the Bristol gig: www.hijackbristol.co.uk/board/index.php/topic,42840.0.html

and no, i've only got a promo version so no tracklist as yet (and i'm really not up on my new Benga tunes enough to tell you them all).

boomnoise

♫

zero m2
night
b4 the dual
e trips
someone 20
light bulb
crunked up
go tell them
the cut
emotions
3 minutes
pleasure
26 basslines
loose synths

elgato

I just dont know
as I understood it, the tunes were written by Artwork & Benga, but that's just what I've been told so I am happy to be corrected in this respect. The live show is all three - the Arts Council bought them all laptops so they could do a PA.

info for the Bristol gig: www.hijackbristol.co.uk/board/index.php/topic,42840.0.html

i see. thats what i'd always figured, i wonder whether skream is involved with any tunes at all though

thanks boom. no Urban Fox :/ maybe a 12? but Pleasure, which is pleasing :) when he's good he's so so good

boomnoise

♫
the vinyl tracklist is almost totally different

E Trips
Out of Phaze
The Cut
Zero M2
Air
Z
26 Basslines
Twister
Tech Wobbler

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
But according to Gek and various other people, pleasure is BAAAAAAAAADDDDD.

[Sorry Gek, just taking the piss out of the whole anhedonism thing :)]