Hip-Hop '00s

luka

amazing 50 cent banger-what up gangsta, huge....

water-the roots

its so hard-big punisher

drilla

speaking of the roots, this might be atypical of them but i loved it when it came out, still holds up

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
I have this. The riff in Wiley's remix always makes me think of Cartrouble Part 1 by Adam And The Ants ("I dreamt I was a spastic but my boots were clean"), but that's probably just me.

Was that the first Grime / 8bar remix of a major US hip-hop single? It's not all that exciting but I remember talk about how it meant US heads were taking notice, like it matters, and it would all kick off from there, or something.

luka

mike jones still tippin
so good

its a beautiful piece of music, though doubtful as to whther it merited a 4th posting.
i had a couple of swishouse mixtapes i got through amazon but there really is very little that comes close to still tippin and sittin sideways, at least that i know of. i also downloaded some paul wall/chamillionaire collaborations but again, not close to this level in my ears....

drilla

get yr freak on

the dirt off your shoulder beat sounds so much more epic in this clip than in the actual song for some reason

mos dan

fact music
its a beautiful piece of music, though doubtful as to whther it merited a 4th posting.

miaow. you can't post 200 music videos and then complain because someone hasn't checked to see if it's already been posted.

this one deserves posting at least four times, the mournful strings in combination with that sadly-anthemic, emotive hook is just sublime:

petey pablo - raise up

now if only someone would make a playlist of every song in this thread, you'd have the best party soundtrack ever.