Neo-Nazi forum hacked

john eden

male pale and stale
I think that you could argue that "rights for whites" contradicts the stuff about treating everybody the same. Tricky one again though, if you replaced the word "white" in that sentence with any other grouping it wouldn't be a sackable offence.

One of their arguments is that non-white ethnic groups get special treatment (for example in allocation of housing). Or that racist crimes againt black people are reported more widely than racist crimes against white people.

Similarly there is a whole swathe of eurosceptic stuff in there, and anti-Islam stuff (which they can argue is about religion and not race).

What they are saying is much more sophisticated than many of the knee-jerk criticisms about them being nazis etc would suggest. A lot of the racism is very nudge nudge wink wink in their actual propaganda.

john eden

male pale and stale
Yep. Its the old cliche.

If freedom of political association is to mean anything it must apply to those with whom you disagree as well as to whom you agree. Thats the whole point of it...

Having said that, I imagine most of us would be watching any of our colleagues like a hawk if their name was on that list.

STN

sou'wester
This rather magic comment on a Guardian blog:

'If we change "BNP Member" for black, some of them read like they've just come off the KKK forum.'

yes, of course if you change the words in a sentence it might end up meaning a different thing!

IdleRich

IdleRich
"You must have been to some great féte's ... three legged races, a few sparklers and and a sausage roll on a paper plate smeared with ketchup is the height of my (obviously deprived) féte-going experiences. So much so that it seems i can't even imagine how such a féte could be improved upon."
Sorry that was just a rubbish pun on fete/fate which Mr Tea has just made more explicit still.

"What they are saying is much more sophisticated than many of the knee-jerk criticisms about them being nazis etc would suggest. A lot of the racism is very nudge nudge wink wink in their actual propaganda."
Yes true.

D

droid

Similarly there is a whole swathe of eurosceptic stuff in there, and anti-Islam stuff (which they can argue is about religion and not race).

So this essentially brings them into line with mainstream politics in the UK?

Sorry that was just a rubbish pun on fete/fate which Mr Tea has just made more explicit still.

Yes. I was ignoring it in the hope it would go away! :D I am also genuinely interested in the definition of a good féte.

IdleRich

IdleRich
The number of non-British(sounding) names on the list was quite interesting to me and suggests that they are having some success in their rebranding.

"I am also genuinely interested in the definition of a good féte."
A bouncy castle is crucial.

D

droid

A bouncy castle is crucial.

...This is the cuddly face of Nick Griffin, the chairman of the British National Party, talking in a field that will buzz today with the sound of 800 supporters and their families enjoying the party's annual Red, White and Blue festival. There will be bouncy castles, a big top and burgers made with Best of British meat. But there will not be a single non-white face.

The festival, the third of its kind, is the biggest gathering the party has organised. Previous festivals, in Shropshire and Wales, were largely ignored by opposition groups and were policed by no more than a handful of police officers. But this event is being deliberately – some say provocatively – held in the BNP's Lancashire heartland, 10 miles from Burnley where, in May, three of its members were elected to the local council...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...cy-castles-bile-and-blind-bigotry-640130.html

They've got one thing right at least.

john eden

male pale and stale
So this essentially brings them into line with mainstream politics in the UK?

It's complex but there is very little difference between what is said by the BNP and what is said by the Daily Mail on a number of issues.

How it is said, and the histories of who is saying it - that is another issue.

They are not mainstream per se because they have this slightly woo slightly wah thuggish image. But that may be less of a barrier when times get tough, people look for someone to "get things done" etc.

More likely the tories will rebrand themselves if there is demand for hardline policies.

crackerjack

What they are saying is much more sophisticated than many of the knee-jerk criticisms about them being nazis etc would suggest. A lot of the racism is very nudge nudge wink wink in their actual propaganda.

Proof enough?

Edit: sod it, beatenn to the punch by bang diddley

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

Yeah, I thought it couldn't hurt seeing as droid hadn't got it (or had he? ;))

Does anyone know how much success these guys have had in wooing Jewish voters? Apparently they've had a big drive on this front, appealing to them on the basis of a 'common enemy' (no prizes for guessing who). I can't imagine they've won a great many over, to be honest.

Last edited: