nnazem

this thing makes the juke boys look like a bunch of spastics though.

turfin is one of the most amazing dances. it comes straight outta sf, and it's been popular forever out there as long as footwork has been popular out here.

plus, nyc has mutating, and often times has battles with sf....such as:

and getwetent in general flies people out from all over the u.s. and does some of the most amazing battles ever created. this for example is amazing:

soul_pill

Flying Lotus & band performing DJ Roc...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

dave quam

"and it's been popular forever out there as long as footwork has been popular out here"

Neema huh? How old is turfing? I know it's not new, but as old as footwork really?

Memphis buckin videos are a must see. St Louis has some cool dances too

Damien

Anyone know anything about the Sheffield date of the Spinn tour? Quick search says a night called 'Blitz'n'pieces' at the Harley?

Think I'm travelling for this because I have a friend who lives in Sheffield

nnazem

"and it's been popular forever out there as long as footwork has been popular out here"

Neema huh? How old is turfing? I know it's not new, but as old as footwork really?

Memphis buckin videos are a must see. St Louis has some cool dances too

i've read somewhere it dates back to the mid-80s. and i've even seen a few videos where people talk about being that old as well.

it's still crazy to me that the type of rap and hip hop we see in tv is completely seperated from the local cultures that exist in damn near every city with america. buckin, mutating, turfin are just 3 of the crazy dances that people do all the time.

tom lea

fact-flyer_-gallery.jpg

Hopefully see you guys there. Spinn's London debut plus Chrissy Murderbot and three of the UK's finest.

Bunj

Yo Tom Lea any set times for the Spinn Event?
Am gettin the overnight megabus the night before and am stayin wiv me lass in Slough don't wanna miss Ill Blu coz i got up too late get me.
Thanks

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
Jeez, caught Addison Groove / Headhunter last night. Wasn't really that fussed on Juke prior but man... sure works in a club.

Last edited: