Dissensus Cassette Swap - Unplugged

IdleRich

IdleRich
Wow! Very generous and interestingly written review there Matt - thanks a lot for that. I've got to get cracking on your review now haven't I? I know roughly what I'm going to say but I've got to make time to sit down and do it while listening track by track.
By the way, when I was playing it through the other day my girlfriend was listening as well and one really caught her ear (it's one of my favourites as well). She asked what it was of course but my reckoning it's the one listed simply as "?" on the tape - it would be wouldn't it? Does that mean that you don't know or it's a secret squirrel or what?
Cheers once again anyway.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
By the way, when I was playing it through the other day my girlfriend was listening as well and one really caught her ear (it's one of my favourites as well). She asked what it was of course but my reckoning it's the one listed simply as "?" on the tape - it would be wouldn't it? Does that mean that you don't know or it's a secret squirrel or what?

Thanks to you- it's really different to the musics I normally listen too and I've enjoyed (and will continue to enjoy) listening to it. Nice one.

As for the "?", fuck knows- it's not me holding my cards close to my chest. what style is it? I've deleted it all off my computer.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I'm really genuinely glad you enjoyed.
If I remember rightly the ? it's a kind of instro horn-driven(?) reggae thing. Might have been called Mirror. If it's the guy from The Mysterians he's certainly changed his style a bit....

matt b

Indexing all opinion
I'm really genuinely glad you enjoyed.
If I remember rightly the ? it's a kind of instro horn-driven(?) reggae thing. Might have been called Mirror. If it's the guy from The Mysterians he's certainly changed his style a bit....

Right, it'll be an un-named dub from a 7"- I'll have a look tonight, if I can remember

matt b

Indexing all opinion
rich- the "?" tune is the (untitled) version to Leroy Smart's 'Mirror Mirror' on a Fe Me Time repress 7"

If you like that pressure sounds have just released the 'dub I' lp, which was produced by the same bloke (Jimmy Radway) and mixed by ET. Its really good, though 'mirror mirror' isn't on it.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Nice one Matt. I might point out the only reason it says "Blank" is 'cos it was a cassette kicking around mine and I'd put that on it so I knew I could tape on it - Rich did his mix round mine. I got to fondle his bag of obscurities (fnar fnar). "Blank" isn't meant to indicate the state of mind induced or anything, or maybe it is - anyway, top review.

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
rich- the "?" tune is the (untitled) version to Leroy Smart's 'Mirror Mirror' on a Fe Me Time repress 7"
If you like that pressure sounds have just released the 'dub I' lp, which was produced by the same bloke (Jimmy Radway) and mixed by ET. Its really good, though 'mirror mirror' isn't on it.
Nice one. Just ordered it.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
Nice one Matt. I might point out the only reason it says "Blank" is 'cos it was a cassette kicking around mine and I'd put that on it so I knew I could tape on it - Rich did his mix round mine. I got to fondle his bag of obscurities (fnar fnar). "Blank" isn't meant to indicate the state of mind induced or anything, or maybe it is - anyway, top review.

Ta Danny.

Don't worry, I didn't read any sort of deep subliminal message into the 'title' of the cassette :)

matt b

Indexing all opinion
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

The dub's better, obv.

DannyL

Wild Horses
So, Chef Naplam's tape finally turned up yesterday and will be going out to some lucky recipient later on today.

May I just nag you all - REVIEWS

DannyL

Wild Horses
DannyL DONE & RECEIVED SWAP COMPLETE
John Eden DONE & RECEIVED SWAP COMPLETE
STN DONE & RECEIVED SWAP COMPLETE
Chef Naplam DONE & RECIEVED
IdleRich DONE & RECEIVED SWAP COMPLETE
tox DONE & RECEIVED SWAP COMPLETE
reeltoreel DONE & RECEIVED
bassbeyondreason DONE & RECEIVED SWAP COMPLETE
slackk DONE
Matt B DONE & RECEIVED SWAP COMPLETE
Benny B DONE & RECEIVED SWAP COMPLETE
Untied - DONE & RECEIVED

So, that's nearly everyone done then.. reeltoreel and Untied could you let me know if you got your tapes? They only went out last week so the former may not have made it to the States yet.

DannyL

Wild Horses
So, last tape finally went out last week, so it's just left to me to beg, badger and bore you into getting some reviews up. This is the most frustrating part but it's also the most rewarding - the best bit is getting your tape reviewed so, if you have got a tape, PLEASE get your finger out and do something, even ifit's only a few brief comments.

Benny Bunter

You can expect my review of danny's tape within the fortnight. Won't bore you with rubbish excuses for my tardiness. It shall be done...

tox

Factory Girl
Finally tracked down a tape player and given it a few listens so expect a review in the next few days.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I've written my review now Matt! Unfortunately I haven't got the internet at home any more so I will have to get a memory stick or something to transfer it to dissensus. Soon come though, I promise.