Mgmt

nochexxx

harco pronting
interestingly, ariel pink has apparently re-invented himself and wants to make 'clean' pop without the background noise now.

really, wow!

in some respects i agree with agent nucleus. it would be sad to hear him give up his yamaha 4-track.

on the other hand i can't wait to hear what it would sound like.

if it were to be any good i can see him breaking into the mainstream in a massive way. that boy can write songs.

tom lea

hello friend. My name is Ariel Pink. You've probably read my name online somewhere, maybe your best friend burned you some of my older records, or perhaps you even think we've met at some time in the past. Baloney! Everything you think you know is WRONG- DEAD WRONG. THIS is me, naked, without the buffer of awful tape noise drowning out any lack of vision.

the new song: http://space15twenty.com/ariel_pinks_haunted_graffiti

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
yess

Seals & Crofts

That's what we need more of.

I like his recordings, but I've walked out of every Ariel Pink show I've ever caught.

nomadthethird

what?!!! really!? why?

he's tone deaf...or maybe he was just having off nights. i know from personal experience that small things can annoy you (like the sound guy fucking up) and throw you off. his performance at Irving Plaza (nope it was the knitting factory, i think, it's hazy) that I saw was especially off.

that said though I really never enjoy live shows unless they're electronic I'm too sensitive to the flat singing and microtonally off guitar tunings

nochexxx

harco pronting
he's tone deaf...or maybe he was just having off nights. i know from personal experience that small things can annoy you (like the sound guy fucking up) and throw you off. his performance at Irving Plaza (nope it was the knitting factory, i think, it's hazy) that I saw was especially off.

that said though I really never enjoy live shows unless they're electronic I'm too sensitive to the flat singing and microtonally off guitar tunings

fair enough.

i've had my mind blown twice, both shows at a small 100 capacity venue. sound so loud, maximum super-8 karaoke impact!

nomadthethird

Sounds about right - reminds me of what that band Phoenix were doing a few years back.

I get the feeling these guys are going to be like the Rapture, whose first couple of EPs were good--get on a major label and instantly seal your fate as a flash in the pan.

zhao

there are no accidents
And I have no idea what you're talking about. What is Black Moped Owners Club? I don't really have a favorite band, but if I did it would probably be Tangerine Dream or Amon Duul.

oh i meant black rebels motorcycle club. after me own heart with that kraut stuff. but you rate those 2 above Can or Faust?

nomadthethird

oh i meant black rebels motorcycle club. after me own heart with that kraut stuff. but you rate those 2 above Can or Faust?

i have never even heard black rebels motorcycle club.

I think you're confusing that with Black Devil Disco Club, which was my favorite release a couple of years ago.

Can and Faust are undeniably better, I've just listened to them so much for so long that I'm more into other stuff at the moment.

Plus, I only like that one Tangerine Dream album really, the first one. If I like something I listen to it over and over and over until it doesn't sound good anymore.

nochexxx

harco pronting
well i guess that's me caught! hook, line and sinker. :rolleyes:

i didn't know anything about the band untill today and have since listened to electric feel for like the fourth time.

i haven't felt this pop'ed out in ages. i just unashamedly like it.

nomadthethird

I still like Black Devil Disco Club:

I'm kind of insulted after looking up the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club that someone thought I liked that.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"oh i meant black rebels motorcycle club"
I was really hoping that there was a band called Black Moped Owners Club. Never noticed before how similar the Rebel/Devil names are before.

Have you heard the track Black Safari by JP Decerf which also came out on a seventies library? I think it should appeal to people who like Black Devil. Some stuff about it on the link below I've got the Magical Ring issue which is mentioned at the bottom of that page, some other good tracks on there as well, particularly Touch as Much which sounds like drum and bass from the seventies. Actually I've got another album by the same guy which is pretty good as well.

http://waxidermy.com/2006/04/01/jean-pierre-decerf-and-gerard-zajd-out-of-the-way/

Awesome Goblin, Tenebre clip:
Anyone rate this one? Bit silly but I like it

nomadthethird

I was really hoping that there was a band called Black Moped Owners Club. Never noticed before how similar the Rebel/Devil names are before.

Have you heard the track Black Safari by JP Decerf which also came out on a seventies library? I think it should appeal to people who like Black Devil. Some stuff about it on the link below I've got the Magical Ring issue which is mentioned at the bottom of that page, some other good tracks on there as well, particularly Touch as Much which sounds like drum and bass from the seventies. Actually I've got another album by the same guy which is pretty good as well.

http://waxidermy.com/2006/04/01/jean-pierre-decerf-and-gerard-zajd-out-of-the-way/

Anyone rate this one? Bit silly but I like it

How much did this JP Decerf record cost? I'm guessing a lot. Sounds excellent.

Also I'm really liking the Simonetti track... this would be really fun to cover or remix. My bf plays guitar about a million times better than me, I'm gonna make him learn the guitar parts this weekend. He has that new moog so maybe I can find a similar preset to the "ribbit" sounds.