Campaign For Real DJ's

muser

had a newyears rave a couple of years ago when one of the decks blew and started pouring out smoke as soon as the generator was fired up, was interesting watching peoples different approaches to mixing in this scenario.. Some poeple did a great job of using the looping on mixer. Still only really came together in the morning for the hiphop/ reggae/pete burns, with much drunken blirting from a megaphone included :D

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Me and a mate got asked to play someone's birthday party in a fairly swanky club near piccadilly. Her younger brother was on before us playing deep house and it was ok but he was really putting everything into it. I think he was quite nervous because a load of his mates were there.
He was technically great and his tunes were alright, but nobody was dancing. He looked visibly crushed when we followed him, drunkenly throwing on badly mixed reggae, funk and 80s electropop. Which of course went down very well.
I could see a lightbulb going on above his head tho... "
Oh man, the amount of times I've seen this happen. It's always deep house the first guy is playing as well.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
Oh man, the amount of times I've seen this happen. It's always deep house the first guy is playing as well.

er yeah and the second guy always rolls out the "badly mixed reggae, funk and 80s electropop"

obvious music for drunk people? :rolleyes:

IdleRich

IdleRich
er yeah and the second guy always rolls out the "badly mixed reggae, funk and 80s electropop"
There's more variety in the type of set that comes on afterwards I find.
Didn't mean to offend any deep house djs out there...

Alfons

Way of the future
serious music for serious people.

funny thing is that if these dj's went for the more american/detroit deep house angle (theo parrish / moodymann etc) you could throw more party pleasing stuff in there, disco, funk, soul things. Makes for good party music

john eden

male pale and stale
funny thing is that if these dj's went for the more american/detroit deep house angle (theo parrish / moodymann etc) you could throw more party pleasing stuff in there, disco, funk, soul things. Makes for good party music

categorically agree!