Bragging rights - heroic events of immense kudos achieved before you lost your edge

Blackdown

nexKeysound
I was best mates with Burial until I ran over his dog.

So technically I'm responsible for 'Archangel'.

i was the first person in the world to play Archangel in public (at our FWD debut). our dubplate has a section in it with this horrible caustic stab in it (not in a good way). so rang him and asked him to edit it out and the track now has the 'if i trust you...' section instead...

:)

audiofelch

..during 2004/5, before he went full-on retro-pastiche and was actually really exciting live, Jamie Lidell used to get me up to sing with him at London shows.. i guess i was the only kid who knew the words.

a more tenuous link: my bandmates have backed Damo Suzuki... though it was musically dubious

Blackdown

nexKeysound
^lol..

I remember, my friends lives down devons road, he used to speak to dizzee all the time. I remember the day he came & showed me the Fix Up Look Sharp instrumental on CD which Dyllan gave him, needless to say I went fucking mental over it. (I was still in school @ the time), so yea.

i saw "fix up look sharp" when it was nothing but a 4 bar loop in Logic, in the Belly of the Beast studios.

on top of the mixing desk/mac set up was the Toy Story toy that says 'the claw is my master' on Wiley's early eski 12"s...

how can we avoid looking like wankers in this thread? (more than we do normally, obv).

alex

Do not read this.
I have actually got the Fix Up Look sharp loop on a scratch/sample record.

Also, jamie lidell is top notch.

Blackdown, so you have a VIP of Archangel then? (sick)

Where is the 'if i trust you...' part??

STN

sou'wester
how can we avoid looking like wankers in this thread? (more than we do normally, obv).

throw in lies about our siblings being in the levellers?

alex: the early SDs were very good, quite mental, very eclectic selections, weird people around. Good good good.

I once taught the singer of Queensryche a recipe for this banana smoothie thing called Velvet Froth.

alex

Do not read this.
not related to music & this is probably a major De-rail

saw Chris Eubank up london once, he honked from the cabin of an 18 wheeler & waved..

also saw that dark haired woman off of T4 in a resturant in LDN aswell, she wasnt happy to see us though..drunk & shouting, "your peng, your peng"

EDIT* Makita, thats her name

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
"a more tenuous link: my bandmates have backed Damo Suzuki... though it was musically dubious"
Some of my mates did that, I wonder if I know you... though come to think of it a lot of bands have had the opportunity to do this lately haven't they?

mos dan

fact music
saw Chris Eubank up london once, he honked from the cabin of an 18 wheeler & waved..

also saw that dark haired woman off of T4 in a resturant in LDN aswell, she wasnt happy to see us though..drunk & shouting, "your peng, your peng"

EDIT* Makita, thats her name

same thing happened to me w/chris eubank in streatham once.

miquita, okay, none of you are going to believe this, but she was down fwd a couple months ago. i almost passed out.

i'm sure there's a thread about (general) claims to fame somewhere in dissensus already.. i wrote this piece for the NS once http://www.newstatesman.com/society/2007/08/celebrity-fame-hilton-perfect

most relevant highlight:
I once stood idly by as Mark "Neutrino" Osei-Tutu from So Solid Crew was teased about his surname at a local schools athletics event.

i also played basketball with him a few times. i was taller, and thus, at that age, better.

martin

----
Upset the cunt who plays Phil Mitchell in Eastenders (who later got stabbed by a tramp in Waterloo - good)

Upset the bloke who used to play Sanjay

Upset (and got sworn at by, in front of 38,000 people) Graeme Le Saux

Made Mark E Smith laugh in Kentish Town

Ponced a fag off Gary Clail

Seriously upset power electronics maestro 'Con-Dom'

Had a piss with Shane MacGowan

Shared a cab with Kevin Martin AKA The Bug (and, 'allegedly', irritated him on another night)

Had a drink and a fag with Stefan Jaworzyn (Whitehouse, Ascension, Skullflower, etc)

Vomited over Mandy Spokes (Conflict) (NB - I was 5 at the time)

Had a drunken conversation with Ian Brown, and didn't know who he was, in Camden

Had a 2-minute chat about nothing much with Tippa Irie

Laughed at Ian Bone as he ran around Hyde Park in a long tweed coat in Hyde Park in 1994

Saw Adam Ant at a record signing in Oxford Street in 1981 and bottled out, went bright red, I was too scared to go near him in case he didn't like me

Was patronized by Iain Sinclair

Had a whiskey with a tight-lipped, unimpressed Stewart Home

Kissed Annie Anxiety

Met cultural commentator Stuart Hall sitting on a wall, waiting for a bus, in New Cross, when he said, "Young man, you appear to be more out of it than I am"

All the above's true, by the way