House 09!

mms

sometimes
yeah matias' commeme label is awesome , one of the best funky house tracks i'ved heard is by rebodello on the second record

he's a good dude too.

house
hmm bit of a detroit housey revival thing going on, some fucking great music.

hyperdub got a remkx of darkstars aidy's girl soon by a young guy called kyle hall
his mix on fact magazine has some hot tracks on it.

shaolinsoul

also check out Actress from werk and hazyville crew. Hes got a new track "purple splash" on myspace that is killing me right now. Talented guy.

mms

sometimes
I find when it comes to South African House if it's not of the Pitori variety (the shit that sounds like funky), or DJ Cleo, it is just a lot of sophisticated new-york styled deep house. I might not be looking hard enough?

If only the shit that I like were more accessible (in terms of acquiring it), I'd probably play a lot more of it.

this is probably right in my experience, there is some good stuff out there though.

viktorvaughn

yes the sound is appalling there - all the rooms are linked by a huge connecting corridoor so the sound bleeds (booms) from one to the other. totally ruined the last eastern electrics night i went to there, which also had a v good lineup...

klock, aguayo and patrice scott almost make it worth reconsidering tho...

this also has one of the best flyers i've seen in ages. website's pretty slick too: http://www.easternelectrics.com/

Yeah the atmosphere is cool there but the sound pretty rubbish (at least at last august bank holiday rave) - might check out Innervisions / Warm night at Corsica Studios that night instead.

Dusty

Tone deaf
Jus-Ed has some great great stuff going on at the moment. I first found him on FXHE with this track:

Tomas

Jus-Ed has some great great stuff going on at the moment. I first found him on FXHE with this track:

CT Beatdown is incredible, nothing else of his really moves me...that whole Underground Quality / Patrice Scott / Levon Vincent New Jersey revival stuff is often little more than pleasant, for me.

I don't make any claims for its originality but the tough jacking RPR soundsystem / Cecille Numbers stuff is extremely functional. And I don't mean that as an insult!

STL is still pretty reliably kiling it - that Space Invaders tune is wicked. And speaking of ARPIAR the new one by Cinderfella (cringe) is amazing. Not really house mind you.

vimothy

yurp
Also, I'd really like to hear some slow / morbid / fugged up / doleful disco & house, if anyone can point me in the right direction...

stephenk

Also, I'd really like to hear some slow / morbid / fugged up / doleful disco & house, if anyone can point me in the right direction...

kassem mosse, stl, howard thomas, i don't know if any of their stuff is 'morbid' but a lot of these guys' tracks sort of sound like semi-broken drum machines still puttering away at the end of the world, real grainy and ghostly...maybe theo parrish getting into heroin...sorry, i'm really full of horrible hyperbole today but definitely check those guys out

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I find when it comes to South African House if it's not of the Pitori variety (the shit that sounds like funky), or DJ Cleo, it is just a lot of sophisticated new-york styled deep house. I might not be looking hard enough?

If only the shit that I like were more accessible (in terms of acquiring it), I'd probably play a lot more of it.

I have AfroDeep on alot at home

http://www.afrodeepradio.com/programme.html

which is patchy, but when it's good, it's the best. Worth doing a week of.

vimothy

yurp

kassem mosse, stl, howard thomas, i don't know if any of their stuff is 'morbid' but a lot of these guys' tracks sort of sound like semi-broken drum machines still puttering away at the end of the world, real grainy and ghostly...maybe theo parrish getting into heroin...sorry, i'm really full of horrible hyperbole today but definitely check those guys out

Cheers for the tips. Theo Parrish on heroin sounds exactly right!