House 09!

mms

sometimes
kassem mosse, stl, howard thomas, i don't know if any of their stuff is 'morbid' but a lot of these guys' tracks sort of sound like semi-broken drum machines still puttering away at the end of the world, real grainy and ghostly...maybe theo parrish getting into heroin...sorry, i'm really full of horrible hyperbole today but definitely check those guys out

few of them have released on sound signature etc worked with theo.

Jamall moss also ibm with steve poindexter, poindexters tracks on jamall's label are great too, as is the really nasty acid todd mullinix and todd osborne do as tnt, add to that the traxx label for some absolute filth, the 12"s tadd did a few years ago on ghostly were heavy as well 2 am pm i think they were called.
moss live set http://interdimensionaltransmissions.com/ibm/

Last edited:

stephenk

yeah howard thomas has a sound signature 12"
jamal moss, as much as i appreciate his crazy acid experiments, i am more into when he tones it down a little...the sun god & daryl cura release, africans with mainframes - save the robots (especially 'micro electronique' which is up here http://www.myspace.com/africanswithmainframes)

zhao

there are no accidents
dj sprinkles.

wow wow wow

edit: wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

Last edited:

echevarian

babylon sister
I've been hearing good things about the Motor City Drum Ensemble remixes of DJ Sprinkles, need to check those out.

But yeah Midtown 120 Blues is something isn't it?

zhao

there are no accidents
But yeah Midtown 120 Blues is something isn't it?

leave it up to the mille plateux veteran maverick sound-art transvestite to come up with the most epic and sublime abstract listening soulful political balearic thump house since... who the fuck knows when.

this is something i will be listening to over and over for a long time i think. one of those records i will remember this period of my life by in the future i'm sure...

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
dj sprinkles.

wow wow wow

edit: wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

Yeah I really like this stuff on youtube. It reminds me of the things I like about house and the things I like about some of those minimal/Kompakt guys (without the stuff I don't like). Cool person, too.

gumdrops

i know its always been here, but i dont remember half the people into it now really paying it much attention like they are now...

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
People from a dubstep/grime etc. background are locking into it via funky/rinse I suppose. And deep house(/y techno) seems to have become favoured within the techno/house scene due to a pendulum swing away from identikit 'soulless' minimal.

mms

sometimes
People from a dubstep/grime etc. background are locking into it via funky/rinse I suppose. And deep house(/y techno) seems to have become favoured within the techno/house scene due to a pendulum swing away from identikit 'soulless' minimal.

yes very true, it's funny how thats happened in both scenes simultaneously, like reaccepting deep house is almost the unifying gesture of dance music. there is a bit of talk in the funky thread about a producer who to my ears makes pretty standard linear deep house, which after years of listening to dance music isn't that exciting to me, but it's being talked about postivley which is interesting but confusing too!

alex

Do not read this.
http://www.myspace.com/paulhenryuk

saw him @ Bay Bar whilst in Ibiza, he & a few of his friends played a really nice 4/5 hours whilst we were in there all day, despite me falling asleep on the chill out beds for an hour whilst they were on (4 bottles of rose champagne & ash joints got the better of me), I can honestly say they played a really nice set, completely rolling, really nice vibes...

techy but not to clincal, with a bit of baleric undertone..he has a set to d/L on the myspaz which I am hyped to get & listen to!!

zhao

there are no accidents
during the late 90s and early 2000s i was only into the tech and minimal house, which after a while became very formulaic and boring boring boring. now i am rediscovering the true school detroit house sounds. i've researched a lotta names from this thread over the past week or so (as well as a similar thread on another forum i started), but so far nothing has rivaled Moody Man and the Andres type stuff.