Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit Day

Exactly, and it's the same in America, we're seeing this happen every day. It becomes apparent that the checks and balances didn't really do their job - it was just the gentleman's agreements between the top players (eg Obama could have done more executive orders, but when Trump came in he started firing out hundreds, there is nothing to stop that, it just looks bad) that stopped them pushing things. Now that's out the window and we see that the fetters that are supposed to limit and separate the powers and so on just aren't strong enough.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    This cheating thing has been a constant ever since that Bush election. Not saying it's not real. Not saying it is. Just that yelling cheat doesn't seem to have achieved much
    It does need to be yelled though. The left keep trudging into elections being told "you just have to come up with a strong message" as though anyone playing within the rules stands a chance when the opposition have completely abandoned them. You could turn up to droid's hypothetical football match as peak-Barcelona and it's not gonna matter if the opposition are just rugby tackling you left and right, the crowd are loving it and the ref is either corrupt or too intimidated to enforce the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    That coming from a bloke who went around the world telling other people how to live whilst being hooked on prescription drugs and insisting that many of the Western world's ills were the fault of "postmodern neo-Marxists"...
    You'd have thought someone off their tits on benzos would be a bit more chilled out, wouldn't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by woops
    i hate sigs

Oh and anyone who wants to tell me it'd somehow be bad form to laugh at twats like this can fucking do one:

brexit_twat.JPG
    i hate sigs

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

It does need to be yelled though. The left keep trudging into elections being told "you just have to come up with a strong message" as though anyone playing within the rules stands a chance when the opposition have completely abandoned them. You could turn up to droid's hypothetical football match as peak-Barcelona and it's not gonna matter if the opposition are just rugby tackling you left and right, the crowd are loving it and the ref is either corrupt or too intimidated to enforce the rules.
    If that's the case then everyone has to withdraw their support from the system. The Labour Party needs to refuse to participate in elections. We need to stop voting. That is the only solution.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

If that's the case then everyone has to withdraw their support from the system. The Labour Party needs to refuse to participate in elections. We need to stop voting. That is the only solution.
    I don't think that would do anything. The Tories would just win by default.

Welcome back Luka.

I don't think that would do anything. The Tories would just win by default.
    Don't be stupid

Don't be stupid
    They'd have no legitimacy whatsoever. This is a foolproof plan. Even comelately agrees with me

Reminds me of the bit in Austin Powers when he says "I too like to live dangerously".

I wouldn't go so far as to call it foolproof but I think it's probably the best option.

They don't need legitimacy. People don't care about legitimacy.

Huh, maybe, but I'm sure we've all seen the stories about the retired gammonoids in the Costa del Sol who voted Leave and are now fretting about whether they'll have to move back to the UK. As you say, increasingly hard to distinguish satire from reality.
    i hate sigs

Not sure why you think this would lead to any result except the country becoming a one-party state. How is it supposed to work?
    i hate sigs