GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Benny Bunter

downloaded an incredible set from this butterz archive the other day, well worth it if you've never heard it before.

[2004] Diesel B2B Maximum ft. Fire Camp, Meridian, Ruff Sqwad, Roll Deep, Squidla, Stamina Boy, Ghetto, Big Seac, Napper, Dirty Danger, Shizzle, Bruza, Crazy Titch + Lethal B vs Wiley
http://www.mediafire.com/?ny332dmvjcj

I wish I'd grabbed more stuff from grimetapes at the time too.

Webstarr

Thats the young man standing set ain't it?

Anyone know more about/got any more sets with squidla on? Only heard him on this.

viktorvaughn

314184_497601203584233_1696362797_n.jpg

Stylin

wise

bare BARE BONES
I really don't see the point of Logos...
It's just old Wiley tunes but not as good, there's nothing else going on

CrowleyHead

The Trenchant Eski Thing is a bit of a weird thing. I enjoy it, but I definitely wouldn't say it's as 'good' as the Wiley stuff. But it's also not really the same intent.

wise

bare BARE BONES
I like zomby's eski stuff too.

Logos dilutes the sliding squares into what is basically a pad sound losing that weird alien starkness proper eski had.
What is the difference in intent though.
If he has a different intent I don't get why he drops so many overt wiley samples into his tunes?
Makes it really hard to view them as anything more than pastiche

Last edited:

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
I liked that first logos track, Kowloon, thought the rest was a bit of a repetition. Oh and the Atlanta 96 track has a pretty cool video, am liking the combination of visuals and sounds in this one.

Speaking about Zomby, wasn't there some buzz some time ago about an upcoming eski album?

CrowleyHead

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bpT-yef563o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So... Should the campaign for the Nasty Reunion begin? Because considering how Roll Deep just limp along at this point, they'd shut everything down if they got at least 3/4ths the crew and Mak rolling for one night.

rubberdingyrapids

Newham Generals on Rinse FM tonight at 9PM. LOCK IN!

caught the last half hour of this just by chance. was good to hear them on rinse again (i dont know the last time i heard them on there). the logos stuff isnt at all bad but i just dont see the point. only diff in intent seems to be that hes doing a tribute/taking it back to 03 whereas wiley did it first. but its still just an impersonation act. why bother? its not like people arent dropping old grime tunes in modern sets anyway.