GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

spookybizzle

Hey all.

New mix from me - bait classics and bangers galore. #StraightOutOfLondon

Click here to see it on Mixcloud

Download HERE.

My latest Deja Vu FM show is HERE with download & tracklisting. New bits in there for good measure.

Next Friday im in Bristol for Shut Up 'N' Skank @ the Arc Bar along with J-Sweet. More info HERE.

Benny Bunter

how to get a reload in grime, start your bar / soundeffect on the second beat of the bar.

Simple. Id be getting reloads up and down the country but just saying

blahhhhhhhhh

heh you've got a point. it adds to the anticipation. A gimmick for sure, but a highly effective one it must be said

CrowleyHead

It's good but honestly, it shows that with Grime getting so synthy, Tempz feels out of place. The reason why a song like "Next Hype" worked so well was that the beats were so minimal and thin, and so Tempa's voice filled up all that space. Now the tunes are more dense, or danceable, and as a result, Tempa's forced out of pace, and just can't ever really seem to perform as great as he was around the '09 era. Worse, all of the attempts at commercial tunes, the dance tunes, all this dilluting.

I've said it before, someone should've managed to get Tempz to make a Flockavelli styled record where it was just Darq E, Spooky, Waifer, Ballistiq and just go for a round-the-clock blast of constant aggression. Now, even if his album finally emerges, I doubt it'll be as perfect a project as he could've delivered.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D7ueTMWONuE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This alone just overrides ALL the tunes Tempz made with those bars... Damnit man, such a moment, missed.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Tbh with Chronik doing so well, it's been no surprise that Tempz has been riding off hi success for a while, I wouldn't write him off so fast though, that lot are learning fast, and even with a coupla rubbish singles he still made it onto one of the year's best singles (Man in the Boot) so I think they got more fire in their belly yet.

I know what you mean though.

Patrick Swayze

I'm trying to shut up
It's good but honestly, it shows that with Grime getting so synthy, Tempz feels out of place. The reason why a song like "Next Hype" worked so well was that the beats were so minimal and thin, and so Tempa's voice filled up all that space. Now the tunes are more dense, or danceable, and as a result, Tempa's forced out of pace, and just can't ever really seem to perform as great as he was around the '09 era. Worse, all of the attempts at commercial tunes, the dance tunes, all this dilluting.

interesting theory but that track was made in 2008

rubberdingyrapids

tempz could still do hard tracks. hes hardly going to do some quirky royal t sounding thing. hard tracks still go down well in grime, even if there arent that many being made. tempz still has it, he just needs to make the right choices.

Simon78

tempz could still do hard tracks. hes hardly going to do some quirky royal t sounding thing. hard tracks still go down well in grime, even if there arent that many being made. tempz still has it, he just needs to make the right choices.

Yeah, the harder/more mental tracks go down the best when I play out.

I heard Tempz on a new single the other day and he sounded sick. He sounds so good on Darq E Freaker tunes like the one in the Grime Daily video as well.

Anyone got a link to Wheel Vol.1 by the way? I've got all the others but not that one.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
this is hysterical. He's. Just. So. Angry.:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WcEdG6fCdr8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That Griminal tune is good. I didn't think he was any good. Now I'm confused.

Love Discarda.

Yeah, it's made me download his mixtapes and re-evaluate him. He just sounds really camp on that tune, in a Snoop way. It's brilliant. On constant rewind here.

the MIK hype session is the best for this LOTM so far i think

not impressed with any of the clashes really but we'll see

Last edited:

spookybizzle

Got my recent show up now - a good 2 hours and 45 minutes of Spookyness - with new bits from Blacks and P Money over TNGHT 'Higher Ground', K1, J.G, Jookie Mundo, forthcoming Moony on Gobstopper Records, forthcoming Flava D on Pitch Controllers, my take on Bodysnatch 'Just 4 U London' and some R'N'G from Swifta Beater.... click here for the download and full tracklisting.

Bookings:
This Friday - Shut Up 'n' Skank @ Arc Bar, Bristol
Next Thurs 18th Oct - SWN Festival, Cardiff
Sat 27th October - Leeds (more TBC)
Fri 16th Nov - Eskimo Dance @ Proud2, London
Sat 17th Nov - Shut Up 'n' Skank @ Arc Bar, Bristol
Sat 1st Dec - Bass Head @ Ravin Buddah, London

Have a blessed week peeps!