Favourite Vocals/Vocal Samples in Dance/Electronic music?

luka

i cringe when i hear burial.
are you lot deliberately not doing obvious things like dem 2 or something?

bob effect

somnambulist
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Now then…

the youtube comments are poppin on this one

"i like the part where they say checkstub "

"blow it out ur ass limey, this dtown sound ain't for you"

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
love that first comment. everything that's good about British humour. Insolent, pithy and ridiculous. :cool:

good tune, mind.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Burial makes me weep the tears of the late 20th century's spirit of optimism confounded.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Obviously not the only thing that makes this tune amazing but I love the way he makes that 'I Love You' sound sardonic/aggressive/meaningless.

Benny Bunter

i cringe when i hear burial.

I bet you like this one

nomos

Administrator
i thought terminator was exceedingly obvious
but since you mentioned it...

mj cole shadows remix has great vocal cut ups. no youtube

Last edited:

nomos

Administrator

Dwight Yorke

GOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!
I bet you like this one

that's a classic, don't front.

the Pitbull track that samples it is utter garbage tho

slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
The king of the vocal samplers IMO...J Saul Kane...who made this game his own...

Obvious ones like Papua New Guinea, Windowlicker, Man Machine, some cracker Daft Punk ones
<object width="384" height="313"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="384" height="313" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Sunship have done some really sweet girly chopped ones
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
The pitch-shifted 'wake up' is class here

More humorous things
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gqU_0xpILIU&hl=en_GB&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gqU_0xpILIU&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
not normally a fan of super glitchy vocals but this is good
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sPbcqJRi2ac&hl=en_GB&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sPbcqJRi2ac&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
extra creepy
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kLIi_ZMBfQs&hl=en_GB&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kLIi_ZMBfQs&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

More recently, that Jason Derulo thing.. the "whaaaatcha saaaaaay" is really nice. Timbo's weird robotic efforts in Morning After Dark, Hyph Mngo, Deadboy - U cheated

Makes my heart melt.

continuum

smugpolice
The pitch-shifted 'wake up' is class here

classic - used to play this all the time in my xr2 driving round the new york-style grid system in milton keynes :D

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

One of my faves.