crushes

STN

sou'wester
Sorry to be sickening, but...

I did that about thirteen years ago and am still very pleased I did when I wake up next to said ex-co-worker every morning. :)

does L know about this? HaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAhahahahahahahhahahaaaaahhhaahahahhahahahahahhahahahaha!

4linehaiku

Repetitive
I have a crush on a girl at work. Everyone else in my department has been urging me to ask her out but I think it'd be weird to do that to someone you work with :eek:

Surely it would only be weird if she said no and then you still had to work with her everyday? If she's leaving anyway then that's not a problem. I say DOOO IT.

gumdrops

asking out a temp is easy. shes leaving anyway so theres no risk of embarassment.

im with grizzle though. best to repress all these emotions so that years later they can come back and re-enter your thoughts in unexpected and surprising ways. :)

plus i find my crush impossible to read, so even with my chronically poor signals reading, i think would mean theres not really much to be had here.

Last edited:

Leo

LOTS of people meet their long- or short-term mates at work. i once had a co-worker/girlfriend for three year back when i was younger, what made it easier is that we didn't work directly together. and of course, we thought we were keeping it a great secret when it started...then when we finally told people a few months later, everyone was all "oh yeah, we knew that."

swears

preppy-kei
I like the expression "crushed out". I have a lil crush on a cuet fashion blogger, but it's basically platonic... does swapping asos.com links count as cheating?

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
asking out a temp is easy. shes leaving anyway so theres no risk of embarassment.

im with grizzle though. best to repress all these emotions so that years later they can come back and re-enter your thoughts in unexpected and surprising ways. :)

plus i find my crush impossible to read, so even with my chronically poor signals reading, i think would mean theres not really much to be had here.

Indeed. I think, Paolo, that you should ask her to get some coffee with you sometime, rather than "ask her out" to dinner or whatever... starting casual is the key.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
I'll see how it goes. Already been to see Actress with her (along with some other folk). She's pretty much the only person at my work that I can talk to about music

Leo

She's pretty much the only person at my work that I can talk to about music

great, that's a perfect door-opener! BUT don't talk too much about music, you don't want to get pigeonholed in her mind as a one-dimensional music nerd.

gumdrops

ok im going to ask my crush target out. a mutual friend has been nudging me to ask her out, so will see what happens.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Good luck!
I don't think I've ever been on a date as such - at least not with someone I haven't already, er, fucked. I'd love to, I reckon it could be really exciting. Probably got a romanticised idea of it though.

Client Eastwood

great, that's a perfect door-opener! BUT don't talk too much about music, you don't want to get pigeonholed in her mind as a one-dimensional music nerd.

LOL. My ex was a sports nerd. I was a music nerd. In the pub she would go on about football with my mates and I had no one to talk too about bass and polyrhythm culture.

STN

sou'wester
Good luck!
I don't think I've ever been on a date as such - at least not with someone I haven't already, er, fucked. I'd love to, I reckon it could be really exciting. Probably got a romanticised idea of it though.

I've only been on two dates, one of which began with me being punched in the face by my date and ended in my arrest. The other one didn't go that well either.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
oh dear im in trouble... she's my study partner on my post grad course...she's older than me and so hot and funny and clever it's ridiculous. she's got this on/off italian chef boyf she has mentioned once or twice and it's pleasingly awkward whenever she does. i just KNOW there's something there, if only.......

gumdrops

ok so my attempt to make my crush more than a crush = fail, lol.
oddly i felt better soon as i got her email, despite the lameness of the reply (i personally prefer just not replying when i get asked out and dont want to say yes).