Facebook status thread

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i can give you a long list of reasons not to be jealous if you like. im determined to get back to london this year.

Really? A lot of people on here are talking about getting out of the UK generally, what with the way things are going.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Yea you're probably right, it looks rather shallow.

ha, wouldn't say shallow, more just monotonous. There's a lot to be said for cities.

As to the UK, it is definitely shit here for jobs and the political climate is noxious, but looking at the realities of lots of other countries, I can also see the advantages of living here (or at least in London)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Well yeah, I doubt many people are gonna be leaving London for, say, Darfour or North Korea. Crapness is relative.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Wasn't talking about the war-torn or inernationally ostracised, more, for example, the US or Spain or Australia; in all these places some things are significantly worse by all accounts.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i can give you a long list of reasons not to be jealous if you like. im determined to get back to london this year.

Why not? Give me your top three or something. And I was aiming at the backpackers lifestyle, posing in front of the same beaches, drinking cheap wine with the same Korean tourists. Maybe you're in Australia for your career? Dunno. And as said, it could just be jealousy because I really wouldn't mind posing in front of a tropical beach or drinking cheap wine with some Koreans at the moment :)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Wasn't talking about the war-torn or inernationally ostracised, more, for example, the US or Spain or Australia; in all these places some things are significantly worse by all accounts.

I've not been to Aus so I can't comment on other aspects of what it's like to live there but I thought their economy was basically doing OK because of all their primary industry? A cousin of mine and her fiancee moved there a few years ago and her younger brother has been working there temporarily as a miner, making much better money than with anything he could be doing over here.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
yep, think the economy is doing ok. but as a friend who grew up there made clear to me recently (and in fact any friend or acquaintance I've talked to who I've respected the opinions of, has said much the same, perhaps not so baldly), in many social aspects (partic race), it's pretty archaic/shit. She won't move back there.

slowtrain

Australia is kind of weird, and I'm really not sure whether I'd rather live there than here in NZ.

I don't know where I want to live.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
"What did her iccent sound like?"

"Kind of like an ivil virsion of our iccent."

/FotC

luka

And I was aiming at the backpackers lifestyle, posing in front of the same beaches, drinking cheap wine with the same Korean tourists.

oh i see, well maybe you should do this. i dont hav a career but youre right, i stay in one place and go to work monday to friday, 9-5, more or less. how grim is the uk now? i know lots of aussies and kiwis that have moved over there in the last couple of years and found good jobs within weeks so my guess is it isnt that bad if you actually make a small effort.

sufi

lala
this: /migration-in-britain-the-truth-behind-headlines-0

we should be moving on to some more active economies like brazil, india or china, rather than the axes of terminally declining C20th white power (& welcome some more productive folks to stuffy uk)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Luka, just out of interest why did you move to Australia?

Sufi, you're link's broken. JUST LIKE BRITAIN OMG LOL!!11