Classic Films on Youtube

craner

Beast of Burden
Well it fucking should have done! I won't say that you'll like all his films but you would surely love The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant or Beware of a Holy Whore to name a couple.

Maybe Querelle too I dunno.

That was aggressively helpful, thank you Richard

IdleRich

IdleRich
Always a pleasure. But honestly I'm surprised you're not a Fassbinder fan, his stuff is obviously quite varied cos he was so prolific and mad but some of them seem like almost perfect Craner films.

luka

Always a pleasure. But honestly I'm surprised you're not a Fassbinder fan, his stuff is obviously quite varied cos he was so prolific and mad but some of them seem like almost perfect Craner films.
all the people are ugly and the lighting is dowdy. they are the anti-craner films.

luka

Hopkins hails from a Silverlake Irish Protestant family. He is very tall and muscular, has an outstanding I.Q., is a sexual addict and sometimes feels entitled to break the law in order to right wrongs. Hopkins can't stand music or other loud noises, and frequently goes for days without sleep while working a hot case. In an October 13, 2017 interview, actor Tom Hanks stated that he would be interested in playing Lloyd Hopkins.

petergunn

plywood violin

The Incident (1967)

On a New York City subway, two young punks, Artie Connors (Martin Sheen) and Joe Ferrone (Tony Musante), take control of a car filled with passengers. Among other people, the train includes military officer Felix Teflinger (Beau Bridges) and tough-talking Bill Wilks (Ed McMahon), as well as quiet Jewish man Sam Beckerman (Jack Gilford), and his wife, Bertha (Thelma Ritter). As the hostage situation stretches out, things become increasingly tense for everyone confined to the subway car.

Great cast of character actors (and Ed McMahon) with great shots of the Bronx in the late 60's, film has a kitchen sink drama feel that would have been much more of an exploitation film had it been made 5 years later, but as is, has some sort of aspirations to a theatre like respectability (mixed with a little B-movie sleaze)...