Hip-Hop 2012

CrowleyHead

It's funny, because the beat for "Glory Boyz", off Keef's "Bang" mixtape TOTALLY makes me thing Ruff Sqwad or something.

Nah I think you're just clinging onto the past and trying to reframe your formative years into something that's part of a cohesive narrative as opposed to acknowledging the reality that any resemblence is purely coincidental and largely attitude driven as opposed to any kind of legitimate sonic influence or similarity.

I think it's because the trap template has- by and large- settled in the 140 range, it's all aggression and gun bars, and they're mostly young?

outraygeous

low end production, going away from sample based hip hop, young kids, aggressive.

But about holding on, yeah. On a whole I am enjoying these new kids on this rap thing. Even the sample based ones

outraygeous

Does anyone know when I am getting my A&R job 'cos now The Muthafuckin Exquire has been signed.

Ray Juss, brining you that new sign able shit like erry day

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Gunplay mixtape definitely has some joints but I've been mostly listening to the Action Bronson tape this week:

I find him extremely endearing as a character/persona. He basically flows his arse off (''5'7 with an ass like a horse") the whole way through, too. Nothing mindblowing but very enjoyable.

stephenk

i can't deal with how close to ghostface he sounds
i did make his spaghetti/shrimp recipe tho and it was pretty good

CrowleyHead

i can't deal with how close to ghostface he sounds
i did make his spaghetti/shrimp recipe tho and it was pretty good

As I remind everyone, it's not how much like Ghost he sounds like... It's how much he sounds like early Fat Joe (AKA large gentleman with inane lyrics about nothing and a high voice).

DannyL

Wild Horses

I am loving this at the moment.

DLed two of his tapes - he's hard as fuck. "80s" is probably a bit overused as a descriptor but there's something in it, the sound of synths and sunshine. Real Bay Area sound. I think he could blow up with a bit of a push.

stephenk

As I remind everyone, it's not how much like Ghost he sounds like... It's how much he sounds like early Fat Joe (AKA large gentleman with inane lyrics about nothing and a high voice).

haha, maybe that's more apt. but the inanity is the bottom line.

CrowleyHead

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3xMnhRXwpLs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As far as absurdity goes, this is a gem.

I think Slutty Boyz will make a big way by next year. Trel's tape appears to be a disappointment, but there was a lot of behind the scenes b.s. going down that dilluted the quality of the project. Next year, everything SHOULD come together.

jimitheexploder

The pre tape by Gunplay was a bit... well disapointing and King Louie has a new one out but this one sounds a bit generic Gucci: but there might be something as good as 'Too Cool' I guess. Hip-hop has been dry for a month or so hasn't it? Jeez...

stephenk

The pre tape by Gunplay was a bit... well disapointing and King Louie has a new one out but this one sounds a bit generic Gucci: but there might be something as good as 'Too Cool' I guess. Hip-hop has been dry for a month or so hasn't it? Jeez...

king louie tape is mostly offcuts, promo for the forthcoming lp, which i have higher hopes for