Film - breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

version

Anyone seen Pacifiction? Looks decent.

On the French Polynesian island of Tahiti, the High Commissioner of the Republic and French government official De Roller is a calculating man with flawless manners. His somewhat broad perception of his role brings him to navigate the high-end 'establishment' as well as shady venues where he mingles with the locals. A persistent rumour also has been going around: The sighting of a submarine with a ghostly presence could herald the return of French nuclear testing.

The director, Albert Serra, looks a bit like Rich.

800px-Albert_Serra,_XII_Premis_Gaudí_(2020).jpg

IdleRich

IdleRich
I saw a thing today about a series of African short films which will be coming out soon. Seems that they have asked six directors from six different countries to each pick a dark folk tale from their country and re-imagine it as a dark modern horror film. Or short film anyhow - they're all 30 min long and I dunno if they are at cinemas or on telly or what

IdleRich

IdleRich
Reading about that reminds me of that series of short horror films that came out at Halloween last year, they were curated or executive produced or whatever by Guillermo del Toro - probably the best description is "had his name tenuously slapped on to them" in fact. Anyway I meant to watch them but I never did, how about you lot?

luka

high rise is dumb but it was entertaining enough. dont really feel anything like the book though which is a bit of a shame cos i like the book a lot.

version

Did you like High Rise? It’s in my favorite hundred, but honestly it’ll probably be among the first to boot as new favorites come in.

Honestly? Absolutely hated it. I'm not even sure why. I watched it with a group of mates and we all thought it was one of the worst films we'd ever seen.

The book's great though.