IdleRich

IdleRich
Yes I read this. I'll be honest, it's not a huge surprise. His lying is completely pathological now; he tells completely ridiculous lies that gain him nothing and which anyone and everyone can instantly see through.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yes I read this. I'll be honest, it's not a huge surprise. His lying is completely pathological now; he tells completely ridiculous lies that gain him nothing and which anyone and everyone can instantly see through.
Well, his fans, cultists or whatever you call them probably still accept everything he says as gospel truth, but that group of people isn't get any bigger, and I suspect is probably shrinking.

Leo

never a dull moment

In one particularly deranged moment, Trump falsely claimed that Democratic politicians support the practice of executing babies after they’ve been born: “I will continue to stand strong against the extreme late-term abortionists, the Democrat party, who believe in abortion on demand in the ninth month of pregnancy, and even executing babies after birth. Beyond birth, executing the baby. This is where we’ve come and it’s so sad to see.”

IdleRich

IdleRich
Civil case today... looks like he won't show, judge has reprimanded him for spouting shite on Truth Social... think he gonna lose this one.

Leo

the hits just keep on coming

You have Tory sleaze, we have Trump sleaze. He and everyone in his orbit are just a bunch of con men, huckers, and/or corrupt pieces of shit.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yep. I guess was in some sense true that he was outside the usual groups who divvy up the country... but he was inside something else that looks even worse from where I'm sitting.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Noone has even mentioned the result of Trump's civil trial. I guess it might not be important in the grand scheme of things, but I feel I should at least mention that he was found guilty - in fact guilty is the wrong word cos it was a civil trial, believe that the term is liable - anyhow he was found to be liable for the sexual assault of Jean Carroll and has been ordered to pay $2m, but he was not found liable of rape. Yet another one of those annoyingly inconclusive things - of course it's not inconclusive in that Trump was found to have undoubtedly assaulted someone, but I mean that the sum of money is not significant to someone who claims to be a billionaire, and additionally, the jury decided that the level of evidence was not sufficient to find him liable for rape. So I don't even have to look to know that in Trumpleton world they will read that as "A jury found that he definitely did not rape her and she lied" and will not even have to struggle with their consequence to the extent that they would have done if he had been found liable. Of course that struggle would have only lasted a few seconds before they dismissed it as the result of a biased jury, but even so...

Also, where exactly does it leave Jean Carroll? For me it feels that, although she won, she must surely be somewhat frustrated, if not with the result itself, with the way it's sure to be represented. I expect to hear ignorant people stating confidently that she lied about being raped - and they won't be lying, they'll think they're telling the truth.

Leo

what about that CNN town hall, rich?

His 70 minutes onstage in New Hampshire served as a vivid reminder that the former president has only one speed, and that his second act mirrors his first. He is, as ever, a celebrity performance artist and, even out of office, remains the center of gravity in American politics.

Mr. Trump later said he was “inclined” to pardon “many” of the rioters arrested on Jan. 6, 2021, after the attack on the Capitol by a pro-Trump mob during certification of President Biden’s Electoral College win. “A beautiful day,” he said of Jan. 6.

The audience’s regular interruptions on behalf of Mr. Trump were like a laugh track on a sitcom. No matter how vulgar, profane or politically incorrect Mr. Trump was, the Republican crowd in New Hampshire audibly ate up the shtick of the decades-long showman.

He would pardon a “large portion” of Jan. 6 rioters. Applause. He mocked the detailed accusations of rape from E. Jean Carroll as made up “hanky-panky in a dressing room.” Laughter. No matter that a New York jury held him liable for sexual abuse and defamation this week, awarding Ms. Carroll $5 million in damages. Calling Ms. Carroll a “wack job.” Applause and laughs. Flip-flopping on using the debt ceiling for leverage, because “I’m not president.” More laughs.

Shortly after the event ended, Mr. Biden issued a tweet. “Do you want four more years of that?” it read. It was a request for donations. It was also a reminder how much of the Biden 2024 campaign is likely to be about Mr. Trump.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Oh yeah I heard about it. Was quite controversial that they even gave him a platform even though apparently they did fact check the fuck out of him. I don't understand why it was packed with Trumpletons though, couldn't CNN stipulate the crowd or did they just literally film one of his rallies?